cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clyd
Scholar 2

Chernobyl

My wife watched Chernobyl the lost tapes last night. I wanted to watch it this evening.

It just won't load.

It flashes up the sky logo then go straight back to home screen.

Is there some sort of limit to how many times it can be viewed?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

If you are streaming via the NOW App, then there is no restrictions on how many times you can watch a TV show or movie whilst on the NOW service.

Maybe try temporary unplugging the power to your playback device or jumping out of the App and try again.

Unfortunately i haven't got an active NOW Entertainment Membership at the moment to double check this TV show.

Though i did watch this TV programme, which i thoroughly enjoyed (but it was gruesome on what happened) on the 28th of February 2022 when it was first available on NOW.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

If you are having no luck, then would you have another playback device just to see if this documentary plays ?

Clyd
Scholar 2

Please see response below.

Clyd
Scholar 2

Thankyou for your help.

I'm still none the wiser.

I have the app on my Talktalk box, on my Samsung TV and on this tablet.

Previously my wife had watched it with no problem via the TV.

I then tried the same followed by the Talktalk route without success last night.

I gave up at that point and contacted the community.

This morning (for the first time) I tried on this tablet and it works.

So I tried the TV route and that works!!

I can't imagine what caused the issue yesterday, but I'm looking forward to watching it tonight via the TV.

Brymac
Scholar

I have exactly the same problem with this programme!!!!  I have watched it once and wanted  to watch it again with my partner but like Clyd, all I got was the Sky logo and back to the beginning!!!

I have tried it on my Samsung Smart TV, my iMac, my iPad and my iPhone - without any luck!!!

Any ideas please?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Brymac 

Have replied to the thread you started.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Chernobyl-The-Lost-Tapes/m-p/576666/h...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Clyd
Scholar 2

Hi. Despite the fact I started this and have resolved it, I can't say how I fixed it!!

It just started working properly when I tried next day. I haven't experienced it again on Now because my wife's tastes haven't conflicted again !

So I can only suggest keep trying.

I also experienced problems getting subtitles to work. Watched all 80 episodes of game of thrones only once got subtitles.    Now I have no problems at all with it

I wouldn't consider Now very intuitive. Although both problems are resolved, I don't know how. Sorry no help.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clyd 

What device are you using to watch NOW?

Are you able to delete and reinstall the app?

If not try clearing the app cache and data.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Clyd
Scholar 2

Please see below.