cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brymac
Scholar

Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes

Watched this once but when I went to watch it again, it wouldn't play. I don't have that problem with any other  programmes and NOW  have so far been unable to offer a solution .....

Any ideas please?

25 REPLIES 25
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T  are you able to help @Brymac ?

Alternatively @Brymac you can send an email to customer support. Address is in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Brymac
Scholar

Thank you, but this problem has been the subject of a 30 minute chat as well as being looked at by NOW customer services.

It has now been referred to the "concerned team" (whatever that means!),  since which time I have heard precisely nothing. This is  problem experienced by several NOW customers and no explanation or solution  has yet been  offered!

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Brymac @schnapps @gavs82008 

If the member in the case that they escalated to me with the video provided.

Is nice to discuss this together, I have personally tested on Amazon Fire Stick, Roku stick, Window 10 OS laptop more than 2 times, all of them can play the content with no issue.

Plus got the confirmation with a 3rd test with our Sky Quality control, the video plays fine on all devices too.

I understand this can be annoying, but I strongly suggest you to really do the basic troubleshooting again (for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. ) 

And reselect Membership>channel>content title, which ensure the device is processing a new ask to the server for the real updated content data.

Please do not use the watchlist or continue watch list.

As this would only trigger the device to repeatedly retreating the old data from the server, which the error will 100% continue.

Therefore please kindly ask the member to select the content freshly again, instead of using the watchlist.

Please be patience for loading as it usually takes a little longer, if the device is trying to process new ask data.

While this window shown this image, please do not close it but give it time to load, as in my laptop, I always has to wait a while in this screen before content will play.

IzzieT_0-1647593742980.png

Please let me know the update. 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

I have tried all methods to watch this TV documentary for the second time on my Amazon Fire Stick, Android smartphone etc.

There is no error code or error message the content just won't play and jumps back again (a video would be pointless because it doesn't show anything that would help).

When you tested on the same device the second time did you leave the first test run to go all the way to the end without pressing any buttons on the remote.

On the Chernobyl Lost Tapes thumbnail the white progress bar is fully to the end.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Brymac @gavs82008 

I can see what you are saying now. The content cannot play the 2nd time, after you finished playing the full video the 1st time. 

I will get the Quality control to go through this again. 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

We confirmed this content can only be replay as normal on Console type devices (xbox, playstation, etc).

I have requested a data reprocessing and see if it would help. However, as usual will be honest with you all that if the reprocess not working, this content issue might take a while for investigation. 

Really appreciate your message as always and will keep you updated.

Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Brymac @gavs82008 

I got a way to play the content using iPhone or iPad, or mobile/tablet device & PC, when you play the content mobile/tablet, I get this below screen of content finished playing for a few secs.

IzzieT_0-1647619544793.png

I just drag the white bar of the video timing back at any point, it jumps to the ending screen. 

then I try to play the video again on iPhone, iPad & Window 10 OS, the content will play from where timing I dragged to. And you will be able to move the timing of the video freely from the beginning to watch again.

I hope this helps for a temporary, as I might not be able to give you update over the weekend.

Thank you.

Brymac
Scholar

Thanks and I am glad the NOW (Lizzie) are now onboard with this - I will try the fix offered, but (trust me!) all the rebooting and switching on and off again in the world isn't fixing this!!  

The key thing to note, Lizzie, is that this only happens with this programme...... 

Keep us posted please!!!

Bryan 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

The data reprocess confirmed unable to fix the issue at present, the tech team is investigating this.

Currently this is the only content reported with this issue, and of course it might not be the 1st time this kind of issue happens, but each cases has different reasons therefore we cannot comment about this yet.

I know the platform showing you a 8 days left. However, please note that is not the actual end date which a new date will kick in on 31/03/2022 continue to 2027. 

I will keep on chasing the fix in the mean time.

Thank you for your message.