cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel 4 is not launching

Hi have tried removing channel and re signing into account can’t get channel 4 for last week . No error message just refuses to load . Black box 

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

Channel 4? All4? What device? Anything to do with NOW?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I've been struggling with All4 on my Now TV black box since 8th, as it crashes the app every time it opens.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no luck. I managed to get it working by pressing the arrows whilst it is launching, as it seemed to be the home page causing the error, but this has stopped working too now as the watchlist can't find the content.

I've emailed Channel 4 but not heard back after their initial email.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Have you checked whether it is working OK for you on other devices? If it is only the NOW box affected then get in touch directly with the support team here

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @redchiz1 

We just watched Countdown on All4 on a Roku Express 4K, and it was fine.

So it looks like it’s Now-specific, perhaps even Now-device-specific, but I haven’t got any Now devices hooked up that I can test.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Reading this tweet NOW are investigating the problem with the All 4 App on their branded NOW devices.

youdoodle-2022-09-15T13-24-03Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just seen this tweet pop up over on NOW Twitter.

So it looks like anybody who is affected with the All 4 App on their NOW branded device needs to contact All4.

youdoodle-2022-09-15T14-05-19Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had an email from Channel 4:

Thank you for this information.

We greatly appreciate you sending so much detail, as it will further our investigation greatly. We have had a couple of reports of this happening to viewers, and we sincerely apologise. We have already escalated the issue, and it is being worked on by our All 4 engineers, and they hope to resolve this soon. We have forwarded your details so they may be able to find a common trend among the reports. We appreciate your patience while we look into this for you, and will keep you updated.

We apologise once again for the disruption to your service.