cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawny
Expert 2

Challenge & Pick TV channels missing ?

Why are the Challenge and Pick TV channels missing from the line up of channels ?

Is Now TV  slowly phasing the content from these channels out of their system ?

You can watch Ninja Warrior episodes on Challenge TV by doing a search

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Challenge & Pick TV channels missing ?

Hi @shawny 

I got a reply from The NOW Community Manager, where he has officially confirmed that Challenge and Pick have now been removed from their service.

So going forward, there will be no Challenge or Pick boxset channel section on the NOW service.

Apparently he wasn't aware of it and had to make some calls.

The reason for them leaving was that NOW monitor the number of streams in total and Challenge and Pick apparently wasn't viewed much and i am guessing NOW decided it wasn't worth financially keeping or spending the streaming rights (the last half of my sentence is purely speculation on my part).

The same happened to "The Vice" on Demand channel and quietly slipped away in around May or June this year because hardly anybody was watching it according to NOW.

There are about four or five TV shows you can still find under the NOW App search engine, but my guess when the leaving dates have expired they will be gone.

Perhaps @Izzie-T  of the NOW Content Team can confirm the above and provide a spreadsheet list of the TV shows left in question with their leaving dates on them ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @shawny 

Neither channel is showing for me on my playback devices.

Because you can still search for content on either Challenge or Pick, plus the NOW Entertainment Membership help article still mentions both Challenge and Pick i am guessing it's some sort of technical glitch at NOW ends.

Maybe drop NOW an email or send them a Tweet.

Do you need their email address ?

0 Thanks
shawny
Expert 2

Had already tweeted over two weeks ago, but neither Now or NowHelpTeam has responded, which is poor ! 

https://twitter.com/ShaunJ16354011/status/1439043365526458369

https://twitter.com/ShaunJ16354011/status/1439085278141075458

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @shawny 

I have tagged The NOW Community Manager to see if he can find out more on your behalf.

I believe both Pick and Challenge are owned by Comcast, so perhaps these two channels are getting ready for the Peacock streaming service coming to Sky / NOW (pure guessing on my part or maybe some sort of technical glitch).

0 Thanks
shawny
Expert 2

tried live Chat, but they only suggested rebooted your device !

It's happened around the time that Sky One was rebranded to Sky Max, and they may have accidently removed the Challenge & Pick TV channels when the changed Sky One to Sky Max

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @shawny 

I have never watched anything on Pick or Challenge on Demand myself when using my NOW supported playback devices.

I have checked my NOW 4K Smart box, Youview Box NOW App and NOW App on my Android Tablet and these two channels are missing from on Demand.

The NOW Entertainment Membership Help article still mentions both Pick and Challenge where NOW usually updates their help articles if there are any changes to their service (especially if you reckon these two boxset channels disappeared about two weeks ago).

Hopefully The NOW Community Manager who is employed by NOW will pick up this thread sometime on Monday with some sort of official response.

0 Thanks
Izzie-T
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi @schnapps  @shawny 

We are looking into this at present.

Will update you as soon as we can.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi @schnapps  @shawny 

You can still use search and select the content for viewing. The below content are the only content in these 2 channels.

Australian Ninja Warrior
Neighbourhood Blues
Ninja Warrior
Paranormal: Captured

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

0 Thanks
shawny
Expert 2

OK.... so still no sign of challenge, pick, etc showing in the list of channels  

and only way of viewing is to do a search .. providing you know what programme is available to watch.

Live chat just says reboot device, or channels not available ..... 

For such an easy fix.. now tv seem to be unable to rectify what was once available and still is.....

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @shawny 

I got a reply from The NOW Community Manager, where he has officially confirmed that Challenge and Pick have now been removed from their service.

So going forward, there will be no Challenge or Pick boxset channel section on the NOW service.

Apparently he wasn't aware of it and had to make some calls.

The reason for them leaving was that NOW monitor the number of streams in total and Challenge and Pick apparently wasn't viewed much and i am guessing NOW decided it wasn't worth financially keeping or spending the streaming rights (the last half of my sentence is purely speculation on my part).

The same happened to "The Vice" on Demand channel and quietly slipped away in around May or June this year because hardly anybody was watching it according to NOW.

There are about four or five TV shows you can still find under the NOW App search engine, but my guess when the leaving dates have expired they will be gone.

Perhaps @Izzie-T  of the NOW Content Team can confirm the above and provide a spreadsheet list of the TV shows left in question with their leaving dates on them ?

View solution in original post