cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Catchup episodes hard to find

Hello

I relay quite heavily on the entertainment catch up short cut. I go to see what I have missed last night and found to my surprise that the short cut is no longer there!. Have checked on ipad and smart tv. 

Why has this disappeared?

32 REPLIES 32
DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

I’ve just noticed this too. Very frustrating.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DEVONPRINCESS @Anonymous User 

Similar question asked here.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Shows-recently-added-to-Catch-Up/m-p/501273#M1908

@Jason-C of the NowTV Team any chance of getting back Recently Added Catchup in the highlights Entertainment section where i would gladly sacrifice "Love Love Island" for it 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 .

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

I just asked now tv on Facebook. Apparently we have to use Recently Added now instead. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree.  I have seen posts which are trying to be helpful and suggest:

A) go to the channel your programme is on and find it there......my thought is only works if you know what channel it’s on.  I never do

B) use ‘recently added’ or ‘trending’.......my thought is now you have to trawl through two lots of lists instead of just one

C) check artesa’s list.......no denying this is a great list but that is all about box sets

D) use search function.....only works if your series is currently on.  I’m thinking of those which have catch up time limitations.  You could miss the boat on an episode as it may have expired.  In addition have to remember which series are on and type in each one so as to find

I can’t always remember what night a series is on and don’t always know when a series is back.  The catch up list was a great catch all and was probably the most useful function.  Actually....probably the main reason why I have nowtv so I can catch up when I can

Please bring it back.  It is a simple function which just simply worked.  Stop over complicating things

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ridiculous to expect us to go through all that rigmarole when we just normally click on Catch Up, makes no sense at all. And you can't rely on things automatically going into My TV anymore so always just scrolled through Catch Up to find out what was missing, I don't have the patience for doing all that so no point in paying for something I can't be bothered messing about with.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a footnote to my earlier comment.....

Latest episode of Modern Family I found in ‘Trending’

By accident found new series / latest episode of NCIS, New Orleans in ‘shows for you’ (didn’t know it was back)

......and explain then why neither is in the ‘recently added’ (a place where I thought it be logical to pop them) but box sets / shows such as Tin Star and Deadwood are in ‘recently added’ when I know they have been available for months

Am I being dense in not understanding the definitions?  Maybe there is some missing algorithm we should be following???

Sorry for the sarcasm but Nowtv are over complicating their listings, not being consistent in how they group catch up programmes, box sets or genres etc

Just bring back the very simple, very user friendly catch up function so we can all stay up to date with the latest episodes of our favourite programmes.  For most of us.....it’s probably why we have Nowtv in the first place

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi all, @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @DEVONPRINCESS 

Thanks for getting in touch.

This section was amended to the newer "Recently Added" section to allow us to surface better information. The new section should still contain many of the shows that would appear in there before.

I would recommend adding any show you watch regularly to My TV, where you can pick up from Continue Watching when a new episode is available, or from the Watchlist at any point. These My TV items will always be easily accessible from the menu or homepage.

That said, we're monitoring the usage and I'll be feeding back all your concerns with the teams responsible.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't want to know what's recently been added as that does not tell me what new episodes are available & since only about 60% of the series I watch automatically go into My TV I need catch up to see what's missing. I am not going through every channel list to find what I am missing just incase a new episode is available so your service is no longer needed because I just can't be bothered searching through I don't know how many channels/shows to find what I want & I shouldn't need to write a list of everything I watch to keep searching for them especially when I had a Catch Up button to do all that for me, that's the only option that was any use!! As soon as I send this I am cancelling with you, I've been with you from the start, changed account twice for offers but been here from the very start, I'm sure you can see I've been using you a lot less than usual anyway as my daughter recently introduced me to Netflix and they add a 'new episode' message on anything I'm watching, quite simple really and that's what I need - simplicity. Would appreciate it if you could let me know if Catch Up does return & then so will I. Thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently Added and MyTV are not the same functionality as Catch Up. It was a great inconvenience that it was not present in AppleTV app, where it was always a struggle to find anything. is it “hot” or “new” or something else?

Now the iPad app is similarly unusable.