cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot download Walking Dead Season 9 episodes to view offline

Hi,

can someone please explain to me why I can’t download the walking dead season 9 to my iPad or phone through the app to watch it offline? I normally watch downloaded content on my lunch break as I can’t stream at work.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Due to licencing rights it looks like NowTV haven't got the Download to watch offline agreement with the Studio who own the rights to The Walking Dead.

Looking at the Shows on the Fox channel none of the TV shows that i checked out on NowTV offer the download feature.

I guess it's something that Fox don't want to currently offer to NowTV customers ?

Perhaps somebody from the NowTV Team can offer some further information about why no downloads are permitted on Fox TV shows.

My guess they will say it a rights issue and not in their contract with the rights holder to be permitted to allow downloads to watch off line.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That makes complete sense and really appreciate your answer.

however part of their advertising offer to customers is that you can download and watch content offline doesn’t mention anything about exclusions on downloads anywhere I can see.

perphaps this should be listed somewhere or they should look to renegotiate this particular contract?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a paragraph in a setion of this help article that mentions about rights and they don't have the download rights to all movies or TV shows.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline