cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bull season 4 epidode 16 "missing" - 5mins missing

The story jumps towards the end and the episode appears 5mins shorter than it usually is - 35mins instead of 41mins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

We have the new data delivered, and the time length for this ep 16 is now just over 41 mins. 

There is still a blank screen which is confirmed to be part of the ep.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Thank you for all your message. 

We will check with the provider, hopefully can update you soon.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I actually managed to check this thing myself today, so started episode 16 and fast-forwarded to just before 30mins and 41secs.....at that point the scene comes to an end and screen goes black, sort of like the point where an ad break would be, but it then seems to come back up mid-scene, mid-people speaking.....it's fairly obvious that some storyline/content has been skipped over and cut out by mistake.  At 35mins long the episode is missing a good 4,5 or 6 minutes of content.

I've seen this a few times over the years with Fox stuff, a previous episode of Bull, an episode of The Orville, etc, so it is always worth looking out for a Fox catch-up episode that looks a bit short time wise as it may include a duff edit.  I'm sure this happens when the US provider uploads the episode with an error in it, but it then becomes tricky trying to get Now TV to recognise it.  Previous things I've spotted have only been like 30 or 60 seconds missing, but this Bull episode takes the biscuit!!!!

As there is the risk that this issue is not sorted quickly (or at all before it's 30day catch-up runs out), I've noticed the episode is repeated on Friday at 10pm, so if it's not sorted by then I'll try and watch it live as it might be the only way to get the WHOLE episode.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

Thank you for your comment and help. 

Please accept my apology to all that as for my human error of missing out some message when going the thread. However I have gone through the 30:41 timing and record the issue.

This is now moved into the investigation stage. Will update all of you as soon as further information comes through.

Thank you.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Izzie-T  @Anonymous User 

Hi Izzie

Sorry I went "all in" on your post simply because (to my paranoid mind) I thought you were "playing" us, the forum members, but now I realise it was just an error and you genuinely did not see the posts that had already supplied the answers you were after. 

Thom

Although I love to watch Bull, I'm going to give S4E16 a miss until it's fully restored.  I think I can do this because each episode is pretty much self contained, with only a very slender (almost invisible) story line connecting each episode together.  But I still hope this episode can get fixed before it's time period is up.

UK Bob

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @ukbobboy 

Thanks to your message that I realised I missed out the info here. 😉

Hi All, 

Just chased the team about this, however it is still ongoing. Will do my best to keep you all updated.

Thank you for your message and comment as always.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

We have the new data delivered, and the time length for this ep 16 is now just over 41 mins. 

There is still a blank screen which is confirmed to be part of the ep.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 

Many thanks for the time and assistance you provided with this issue, I have just watched episode 16 in all it's 41 glorious minutes!!!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Izzie-T  @Anonymous User 

Hi Izzie

Like Thom, I too can confirm that the full episode of S4E16 is on the Now TV web program site.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting the missing section restored.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing passage occurs at around 30 minutes 42 seconds in. There is obviously a whole "chunk" missing, about 5-6 minutes.