cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boxsets....Or lack of them.

Hi everybody.

Well it's the first of the month and it's time for all the new boxsets....Well, 12 months ago, that was the case but recently the pickings have been slim.  Today, we get 4 "new" boxsets: "Teachers", "Wolf Creek", Game of Thrones" and "Braquo".  All of these only left NowTV a couple of months ago and whilst they are good (I recommend "Braquo" to one and all), when are we going to get something new?

Looking at the live TV schedule that NowTV have to pick from, just for today, I see "Cold Case", "Blue Bloods","Medium", "The Closer" and "NCIS: Los Angeles".  All these shows have season after season in their back catalogues but have never made it to the NowTV Boxset section.  I realise that the current season of "Blue Bloods" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" are currently running on catch up but what about all the other seasons?  "Cold Case" is a brilliant show and whilst we can watch it in dribs and drabs on "PickTV" and the live channels on NowTV, the episodes and seasons always seem to be out of order or just all over the place.

I know that for many, having "Game of Thrones" back is great but surely, the Library of programmes that NowTV have access to, should give us all a bit more choice.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a rant, it's a question, so I'm not going down the "Do something or I'll cancel" route but I would like to know if there are any plans to shake up and improve the "Boxset" section.  I realise that broadcasting rights might come into play, but when NowTV are showing programmes anyway, then surely giving us some, actual, new, boxsets (As they used to do) wouldn't hurt......Would it?

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday, Folks. Smiley Wink

57 REPLIES 57
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  The film scared me, but I am not that good with scary things. Gory I can do but being hunted down type films gives me anxiety (No Country for Old Men was THE worst!)

I am a dedicated binge watcher to be fair  Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoy the rest of the series

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi You are indeed the Queen of Boxsets, I shall take inspiration from you and redouble my efforts to boxset-binge, I've been trying to start Twin Peaks since last year! 😉

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous User@Andy@caseyb1993

Wolf Creek done.......he is scary!! Smiley Surprised

Thanks for the recommendation, I enjoyed it

@Lindzi @Andy

Glad you liked/are enjoying the show!! 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:
@Lindzi @Andy

Glad you liked/are enjoying the show!! 😉

Forgot to mention, how creepy is the song at the beginning? 😉

@Jason-C I have another one for ya. 😉

Buffy the vampire slayer! 😮

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nice to "see" you too. 😉

One series I recommend that is already on here is "OZ". I have only watched the first season but it is a really good watch. 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Jason-C

I am hoping for series 2 of Code Black, I loved series 1. Blue Bloods is one I would also like to watch, I have just watched series 1 on Pick and liked it, but has not appeared on Now TV as a box set as far as I know.

Sky Atlantic doc The Jinx was excellent so maybe more of that kind of thing please

I understand that you can't please all of us, all of the time and I appreciate you posting on the tread Smiley Happy

Boardwalk Empire - is that any good folks? Not watched that yet (if it is still available)

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi I was SO into Lost when it was first on, me and a work colleague used to spend all Monday morning discussing it after it was on transmitted Sunday nights on Sky One! Did you enjoy it? Have the boxset on my shelf for a couple of years now and still not got round to watching it again, but definitely intend to!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I was really into it when it was first on too, but I think I enjoyed it more this time round weirdly! Maybe I just paid more attention on the second watch..... or just that feeling of nostalgia! Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy

I was really into it when it was first on too, but I think I enjoyed it more this time round weirdly! Maybe I just paid more attention on the second watch..... or just that feeling of nostalgia! Smiley LOL

@Lindzi Ah I didn't know this was your second time watching! I'm reckoning I'll enjoy it again a second time, partly because it was so complex there's lots I want to rewatch, and secondly now I (sort of!) know where it's all head in I'll pick up on stuff I missed first time round!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

More sci-fi and/or horror for me please @Jason-C

Appreciate the lineup of channel NOW TV supports don't carry too much of this, but if we can at least make sure we get the final two seasons of The Strain so we can find out what happens that would be good!