cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boxsets....Or lack of them.

Hi everybody.

Well it's the first of the month and it's time for all the new boxsets....Well, 12 months ago, that was the case but recently the pickings have been slim.  Today, we get 4 "new" boxsets: "Teachers", "Wolf Creek", Game of Thrones" and "Braquo".  All of these only left NowTV a couple of months ago and whilst they are good (I recommend "Braquo" to one and all), when are we going to get something new?

Looking at the live TV schedule that NowTV have to pick from, just for today, I see "Cold Case", "Blue Bloods","Medium", "The Closer" and "NCIS: Los Angeles".  All these shows have season after season in their back catalogues but have never made it to the NowTV Boxset section.  I realise that the current season of "Blue Bloods" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" are currently running on catch up but what about all the other seasons?  "Cold Case" is a brilliant show and whilst we can watch it in dribs and drabs on "PickTV" and the live channels on NowTV, the episodes and seasons always seem to be out of order or just all over the place.

I know that for many, having "Game of Thrones" back is great but surely, the Library of programmes that NowTV have access to, should give us all a bit more choice.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a rant, it's a question, so I'm not going down the "Do something or I'll cancel" route but I would like to know if there are any plans to shake up and improve the "Boxset" section.  I realise that broadcasting rights might come into play, but when NowTV are showing programmes anyway, then surely giving us some, actual, new, boxsets (As they used to do) wouldn't hurt......Would it?

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday, Folks. Smiley Wink

57 REPLIES 57
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello fellow worshipper! Have absolutely nothing to add to your topic but just had to say hi and hope you are well!

Of course I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, I always enjoy lots of gratuitous sex, violence and inappropriate language from my bank holiday viewing and NOW TV just aren't providing the variety, I see it's GoT again! (mind you, I'll have to watch S6 again as I've forgotten half of what happened).

Still, checking out the new boxset thread 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Boxset-Information/m-p/425658#M28741

surely Peppa Pig or Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom is worth shelling out for a kids pass to keep you going until Futurama S1-10 arrives in a fortnight. Sadly  my crowd funded campaign to see the entire back catalogue of Crossroads came to nought so I'm off to Netflix and a well-thumbed first edition of Barbara Cartland to keep me company instead.

image.jpeg

Enjoy the bank holiday, till next time! 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

Yes @Anonymous User ! Totally with you on that, I would like Blue Bloods box set and series 2 of Code Black.

I will be running out of new things to watch when I finish Scandal, so may defect to Netflix for a bit until there is some new stuff to get stuck into.

I enjoyed Big Little Lies... may not be your kind of thing though.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi and @Andy

Crikey, It's like "The Three Amigos Ride Again" Smiley Very Happy

How are you both...Keeping well and out of trouble? Smiley Wink

To be honest, Andy, at the moment, even "Crossroads" sounds a good bet....I don't know what is happening but there just seems to be a "Revolving Door" of the same programmes on NowTV and it seems to have been like that for a while.  I bet you remember all the posts, full of woe that a series was leaving before the viewer had the chance to finish the boxset.  Our advice was that the show would be back around the time of the next season so, sorry but leave it for about 8 or 9 months....Now it seems that programmes are returning, near enough, as soon as they have left.

Like you, Lindzi, I would love to catch up on the early seasons of "Blue Bloods" and "Code Black" was great but I don't expect Season 2 to be on anytime soon as it is just starting it's "First Run" on "W".  Now then "Big Little Lies"....You are right in that I didn't think that it was going to be my kind of thing but guess what?...I loved it!  It turned the normal murder/mystery show on it's head as you didn't know either "Whodunnit" or even "Whogotdunnin"...Brilliant writing!

OK then, over to you....Hijacks, Memes, Carry on jokes, Rileys chocolate covered toffee rolls...Anything you want, you know that I don't mind! Smiley LOL 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried The Whispers? I quite enjoyed that a while back. If you like The Strain (do you like The Strain? Have you tried it? Do you like that kinda stuff?) then you'll probably like The Whispers. Unfortunately it's one of those one season jobs that gets cancelled so whilst it has a resolution of sorts it's been left open-ended for a possible season 2 that will now not happen (SO infuriating when that happens), but don't let that put you off as I still found it an enjoyable and undemanding watch. You'll know if you like it by watching the first ep as all the other eps are basically more of the same.

I keep thinking I should watch the first 2 seasons of Twin Peaks as I've never watched them and time has designated it a classic, but they've been on for months now and I've not got round to it so I doubt I'll fit them in before the new season starts. Good intentions and all that!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Have you tried The Whispers? I quite enjoyed that a while back. If you like The Strain (do you like The Strain? Have you tried it? Do you like that kinda stuff?) then you'll probably like The Whispers. Unfortunately it's one of those one season jobs that gets cancelled...

I watched 'The Whispers" and quite enjoyed it. Same it got cancelled after only one season Smiley Sad

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous UserBig Little Lies was soo good wasn't it! I will read the book now, as I have been told it is fantastic Smiley Happy

Code Black series 2 finished on W a while back and they are currently re running series one. I have put a Sky Never Miss alert on for series 2 incase they re run that, but I like to binge watch rather than once a week kinda thing.

I have rewatched Lost and Greys Anatomy but cannot find something new that takes my fancy Smiley Frustrated

If anyone has any suggestions let us have them!

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Lindzi@Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital@Andy

I can't believe you've watched all 250+ Box Sets already! 😉

Not all our Box Sets drop on the first of the month these days, so more may be scattered about. For example this month, we'll also be getting Banshee, Mistresses, Public Enemy and Futurama(!) coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see? Or genres you're interested in?

Thanks,

Jason

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C I'd like to see Once Upon A Time. My friend is addicted to it and I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm sure it is on Netflix but once I join, I don't cancel it for about 6 months. Smiley Very Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey, nice to "see" you again and you bring up a good one there...I had never heard of "Once upon a time" but there are six seasons to go at (according to IMDB) so it's ideal for a new boxset...Good shout! Smiley Wink

Many thanks @Jason-C for joining in and since you ask, I love my "Scandi Noir" and there are still loads of good European series out there for Sky Arts to grab (Midnight Sun was a little disappointing but "Braquo" and "Gomorrah" are right up my street (Or "Vagen" if we're going all Swedish)).  As for Sky Atlantic there are plenty of American detective/cop shows to pick from..."Rizzoli and Isles", "Battle Creek", "Major Crimes" and many more.  Like I said before, "Cold Case" would make a great boxset, as would "Blue Bloods", "Hell on Wheels", "Medium" and "The Closer".  As @Andy has said, there isn't that much available for horror and sci-fi fans, either but my main point is that we haven't had much that is actually new to "Get our teeth into", as @Lindzi rightly says......The boxset that is on Netflix of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries", or even "Monk" would be something to watch through the summer months.....Not brilliant, I'll grant you that but at least something that hasn't been on NowTV before.

I don't suppose that you can do much about the programming or the purchase of new shows, Jason but your thoughts are really appreciated, thanks again.Smiley Happy