cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a pass but can't view channel

Hi, I've just purchased the mobile 5 x sports channels pass, but I cant view the channels. I previously had the £30 all sport channels pass but cancelled 3 months ago because of the virus. So I've just purchased the 5.99 mobile pass and I have the app on my phone and it says I have no passes even though I have purchased one. If I go onto my laptop it shows that i have purchased the pass but doesn't let me view the channels - it just offers me to buy other passes.  Help much appreciated . . . thanks

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A few people have reported this recently.

Don't know if there is a glitch with the NowTV service on your account or there is something not quite right your end. 

What's the make and model of the smartphone you are using?

Have you tried logging out of the NowTV App on your phone, then power down the phone, then re start the phone and sign back in on the App with the account details you bought the mobile pass with. 

Then try watching one of the five Sky Sports channels, which is Premier league, Action, Arena, Racing or News.

If that doesn't work try a fresh download of the NowTV App and make sure your phone firmware is up to date. 

Still no luck would you have another smartphone just to temporary test the NowTV Mobile Sports Pass on before getting in touch with NowTV live chat. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks

I've tried most of these but will try using a different phone and see what
that reveals. Thanks again
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If a different smartphone doesn't work, then somebody over on Twitter today had the same exact problem on their iPhone and the only way it was resolved by NowTV was to get the person to change their account password that they bought the mobile sports pass on.

Sounds like a possible glitch NowTV's end ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks.

I'm back home now so will try and sort it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue. Deleted App & reinstalled - nothing. Turned phone off & on - nothing. Created new password for account & deleted it. Reinstalled & signed in with new password - nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to view Sky Sports on mobile phone even though pass has been purchased?

Have tried app on another phone but still doesn't work so must be an issue at NOwTV end?

@Anonymous User Did Now TV sort your issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi . . . In the end I cancelled and bought the full tv pass for 30 quid.

Sorry ...never resolved it

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Since my last post a couple of people had some success going to their My Account > Devices section of their account when logged in on here and removing their smartphone from their list.

Then try the mobile sports pass on their phone by selecting Sky Sports Premier League via the NowTV App on the phone.

Though with the above workaround you would need a spare device swap left this calendar month.

Would have thought trying a different unregistered smartphone not currently on your Device list via the NowTV App would have had the same effect.

Something doesn't seem quite right with certain people's accounts when using a mobile sports pass if you ask me and have followed the mobile pass rules of using s smartphone and watching on one of the five permitted channels which is Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing or News and logging in on the App with the NowTV account details that their purchased the mobile pass on.