cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost Pass Issue

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing any problems with the Boost pass, we have been using it on and off for over 5 months with no problems however, we cancelled the pass three days ago with seven days left to view in HD and 5.1 Surround sound and from that point the surround sound did not work on some movies from the library but worked on live movie channels. It has been total hit and miss over which films can be viewed with 5.1 or just stereo, we have tried two NowTV sticks and checked the sound parameters in the settings tab and put in a complaint with live chat and two days later they have sent us a list of items they would like verifying but also indicated that our broadband speed is fluctuating this is strange as we are fibre to the premises and with an OFCOM speed test of 73.7 down and 20.6 up it never varies and the HD picture never buffers also after watching a movie yesterday while watching sky news streaming live the sound was slowed down to a guttural sound very upsetting for the cat!

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From what I understand there are a few other users experiencing the same issues with Now TV devices.

Are you able to test out with a Roku or Amazon fire stick? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also not ideal but a suggestion nonetheless, have you tried setting one of the devices back to factory settings?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, and thanks gavs82008 for your reply, I have done a factory reset on one device this made no difference, even tried another AV receiver and the same results. When this first started on Sunday the 5.1 icon next to the film information was missing on some films then came back which makes me wonder if this is an account issue. Going through the recently added movie library throws up some strange results all films in that category work apart from She's in Portland, The Whole Truth, Tailgate, Real, Mighty Oak, Adventures of Rufus the Fantastic Pet, A Christmas to Cherish, Training Day, The Green Lantern. Then if I go back to them they may work then when I revisit them then they don't. Everything worked perfectly up until when I cancelled the boost pass. (which I have done a couple of times before hoping for an offer to turn up but it never has).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I’ve also got a similar problem with the boost pass which I have been using continuously since it was launched the tail end of 2019.

Watching the entertainment or movies channels live I get 5.1 sound and 1080p. However, if I watch on demand TV shows I only get stereo sound and 720p. Movies so far don’t appear to be effected.

This started a few months ago sporadically now it happens all the time.

I’ve tried a number of devices: LG OLED TV app,  Android TV via Chromecast, and a 4K Roku stick. All devices have the same problem. However, when it originally started being a problem the Roku stick wasn’t effected.

I have VM BB M350 so speed isn’t the issue as Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV+ all stream at 4K with 5.1 sound.

Any help from NowTV support staff would be great fully received.

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, John

Have you tried a broadband speed check just so you have some figures ?

Just like you streaming live works, and after a live chat with tech support they say watching on demand uses less bandwidth than streaming live so on demand should work better not worse.

They also said maybe my ISP were restricting bandwidth due to increased lockdown use.

I have over 73 MBPS download It's rock steady and can stream 4k content but apparently I'm connecting to Now TV servers sometimes at under 5 MBPS and another time at 7.22 MBPS.

One other thing have you ever noticed the 5.1 icon in the film description area disappear.

You could try Now TV help on twitter or live chat and ask to chat with tech because emailing support leads to a 48 hour wait between them getting back to you each time you reply.