cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJ10
Contributor 1

Big Little Lies S2?

I had 2 episodes left to watch of BLL season 2 and it's just vanished. Does anyone know why?? So frustrating. 

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Mike100
First Poster

Re: Big Little Lies S2?

Yes equally frustrated and dismayed. Whats happened?

Ivydale
Contributor 1

Yes for me too. Where did they go?

Ivydale
Contributor 1

Looking at previous posts. It looks like season 2 was on catchup and we now have to wait for it to appear. It’s a shame as it’s the only thing I’ve been watching on Now TV.

When will season 2 be added again?

Ivydale
Contributor 1

I just found season 2 for sale on Amazon Prime. So have bought it and cancelled my Now subscription. Happy Days are restored!

Pati6b
First Poster

I know. I've just finished season 1 started watching season 2 yesterday and today is gone? How comes season 1 is still there but the full of season 2 is gone???? Where can we watch it? Is it actually going to be added again?

Catherine63
First Poster

So annoyed! Got home and settled to watch episode 3 of series 2 and it’s gone!!! I’m getting a bit fed up with the way this is done! I’d like to know why?

0 Thanks
davidpb
First Poster

It also said there was 8 days of remaing time in which it would still be available on NOW TV. So something's not right! Why take series 2 down and leave 1 up either? Stupidly mangaged website.  

RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

@davidpb and others

I can’t answer for it coming down 8 days early; if it has, then NowTV should put it back until the date they promised.

But as regards taking down Season 2, but leaving Season 1 up, this will often happen.

Its all down to economics, rights issues, and such factors.

When a thing like a Season of BLL, which isn’t made by Sky, appears, there’s a thing called First Run Rights, which means Sky and its subsidiary NowTV have exclusivity in a certain geographical area, it’s expensive, and they get to show the programs live and then offer them on catchup for just 30 days.

After which other streaming services get a go, at a slightly lower price.

And once all the juice is pretty much squeezed out, it becomes much much cheaper for Sky to obtain the Season on the Box Set basis, where it’s here for a long time.

And this is the basis Season 1 is on.

Season 2, once it’s done the rounds, is likewise probably going to come back on the Box Set basis.

And when you think about it, just having Season 1 to watch here is only how it was for all of us who watched Season 1 at the time, before there even was a Season 2. Every day, people who never watched it first time round but who discover that they should have, can bingewatch that first season, ready for when Season 2 pops up.

Even Box Sets come and go, though, so nothing is guaranteed; even GoT came and went.

But by the nature of things, expect both earlier seasons of BLL to be around when Season 3 hoves into view.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Clecky1
Occasional Poster

Just spent ages on live Chat asking this same question! Usual pain trying to get anywhere as they ask you useless questions! Eventually was told I would get an email!!! 

Very annoying!