cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Big Little Lies S2?

I've been told it's been removed for 'Rights and Restrictions' reasons. It may be re-added in the future but that's not guaranteed.

Pretty annoying as I'd only got as far as Ep.3

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Yep , I have done the same. Now watching on Amazon, and binned my subscription. Nowtv don’t deserve loyal customers when they behave like this. No customer service explanation either. 

As Ed said in an early S2 episode, “we’re done!”

Highlighted
Advocate

Just finished season 1 and went to watch season 2 and vanished!! This is unacceptable!! What the hell are they playing at I'll be moving to Amazon Prime as soon as my free trial ends!! I am hellish 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LewShaw 

Read The Fine Thread above for an explanation of why Season 2 has vanished,

It’s nothing to do with you only being on a free trial; though I do think jumping up and down about what’s there and what isn’t should be reserved for paying customers 😛

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Advocate

@RoyB I don't care about all that garbage you posted in an earlier message about TV rights. Just wanna watch an on-demand platform and  not have to worry about content disappearing!! This don't happen on Netflix so why is it acceptable for it to happen on here!! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @LewShaw 

What you say about Netflix simply isn’t true - you only have to Google for ‘content leaving Netflix UK’ to get a raft of hits such as, specifically, this one:-

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/titles-leaving-netflix-uk-in-august-2019/

And what you call ‘garbage’ is true; it is how the business model operates, best as I can explain it.

You might not like it, but unless you want to make a correction on the matter of facts, that’s how it is.

It’s one of the reasons why big operators in this field - Netflix, Amazon, and to a lesser extent, Sky - are starting to create content for themselves, to bypass this revolving door.

And this is something I know a little about. I’ve worked for a couple of the big studios, and way back when Content was king and there was a Blockbuster on every corner, seemingly, to handle Distribution into the domestic consumer market, one of those studios sent me out to the US to work on what the revenue model should be with a couple of fledgling streaming startups, where there was no physical product to licence. One sank without trace, but the other.......

Distribution getting bigger than Content, who would have thought it?

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Highlighted

WTF!? F*$k Now! Big Little Lies Series 2 gone without warning...? Pulling my subscription. Peace. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CDOBO 

BLL S2E7 aired 21st July.

On first-run, you get 30 days catchup, so that will have been a leave date of 20th August.

Pretty much how it’s gone, I’d say.