cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ball Flicker

Fairly new to now tv and debating leaving sky to try out the sports with hopefully a season pass when it comes available but I’ve noticed ball flicker a lot. Have a decent 4K Samsung tv and also using boost which states 50fps picture is good films are good but the sport is still not quite as sharp as the dish service? I’m only watching sky sport news as not bought a pass for sports yet and I’m no expert so any advice would be good before I decide what to do. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The six Sky Sports Channels which offers 1080p 50fps looks pretty decent to me with a HD Boost Pass supported device.

Though i haven't had Sky Satellite since the early years of Sky during the late eighties, but did have BT Sports for a while with my previous BT Broadband package.

if it was me before committing to a NowTV Season Ticket Pass (should one be offered in September) i would consider purchasing a one day sports pass to see you can live with NowTV Sky Sports streaming service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Sports News with a Boost Pass is only 1080p 25fps 😠.

Currently only six sports channels runs 50fps with a Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for the info didn’t realise, might stick with it then and give it a go. Any idea on the season pass?

Cheers 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'm using a NowTV box for sport (including BT Sport) and the picture quality is good but not as good as a satellite feed. Sky sports in 50fps is very good but BT Sport is still only 25fps and no where near 1080p that they claim.

Both are still better value for me than a satellite contract but despite my best efforts of playing around with every setting on my "all singing and dancing TV" I can't get the picture the same. Streaming just doesn't have the same depth and colour contrast.

The offset though is if I want to cancel I can. 

As for a sports offer, there is a thread discussing it and rumours are it will be available some time early September.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Now-TV-Season-Pass-Sky-Football-2020-2021/m-p/537753#M7460

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The six Sky Sports Channels which offers 1080p 50fps looks pretty decent to me with a HD Boost Pass supported device.

Though i haven't had Sky Satellite since the early years of Sky during the late eighties, but did have BT Sports for a while with my previous BT Broadband package.

if it was me before committing to a NowTV Season Ticket Pass (should one be offered in September) i would consider purchasing a one day sports pass to see you can live with NowTV Sky Sports streaming service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for the info and advice it's much appreciated, think i will give it a trail first before i commit. Cheers