cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad Age ratings on nearly all shows, even PG showing as 18+

I have found that nearly all the shows on now tv have ridiculous age ratings. Shows like The Flash, Muppet show, Modern family having very wrong ratings.;

Modern family mostly has a rating of 18 years old, like it is full of sex, graphic gore e.t.c And the list goes on.

Now some of you may ask, but don't you want to protect your kids. When you put a 12, 15, 18 above above to be blocked and you leave the kids alone and think, they will have something to watch, and then they keep coming to you because the muppet has an 18 rating e.t.c it is beyond annoying.

And if I switch off the parental controls because I am tired of having to enter the pin, real over 18 shows that I don't want the kids to watch that contain sex and violence, they then can view it if they choose too without knowing the difference because of the messed up ratings. So I can't even do that.

Can the staff at NOWTV please re rate all the programmes to the reccomended U.K Age rating.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

15 REPLIES 15
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi. I was wondering if the parental controls apply to the watch live TV settings. My 15 year old has a box in his room and i am worried he is accessing the likes of Geordie shore via the watch live tv section. Altrnatively is there a way of disabling the watch live tv section.

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as I'm aware. NowTV's parental controls don't currently apply to the live channels. @Tony-D will correct me if I'm wrong. Unfortunately, there is currently no way of disabling the live TV section

@Anonymous User I'm aftraid @commanda6 is right in that we disable the Live TV section. If anything, Geordie Shore should put him off Live TV so it could be a good deterrant haha 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it's ridiculous. Nearly ALL the boxsets are 18! This is a serious error on the marketing front. I signed up partly for my teenage children and I'll be cancelling soon because there's almost nothing for the 12-15s.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still a problem as of 22.05.18. My twins are almost 15 and I have parental control set to 18. But as big fans of Modern Family I am finding that I have to constantly enter my pin. I have seen that this was a problem back in 2013. Am I to believe that Now TV haven't yet found a solution to this? Especially, as they can select a movie under the 18 rating and it will contain more swearing and violence than I would consider appropriated for their age.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How the hell can Tom and Jerry be regarded as over 18R ?!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have they actually done anything about this, I’ve started using Now TV and 3/4 years on this still seems to be a problem.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To be honest it’s something I’ve always noticed but genuinely don’t care what rating the content is. 
All I’ve cared about is the content being available. 

If it’s only consolation the Sky Go app doesn’t show ratings for TV shows, only films.

Youll see my two screenshots where the film has the rating in this case X-Men First Class rated 12 and nothing for Modern Family.

E2C3E100-3830-4DE4-907F-6B19A6BC3255.png

A38C021E-1CDC-4DBA-8B89-DB981D46D002.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help