cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Sport App

Having issues with the BT Sport app on Now TV. The live stream just shows a purple and green screen. Is this a known issue? Everything else works fine even the pre recorded content on BT.

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume your talking about BT sport app on the NOW stick? 

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried that along with many other things. No joy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You could always try setting the stick back to factory settings. It is indeed a bit extreme but often squashes random bugs on the system.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to avoid this if possible. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Two people over on NOW Twitter have reported the same exact issue in the last 24 hours.

From what i read they have done all the basic trouble shooting.

One person said they reset their box where i am assuming this was a full factory reset (might be wrong).

If you have a Twitter account maybe post a Tweet over NOW Help Twitter (unless you was one of the two people who have so far tweeted this problem).

You may have to contact NOW live chat for further assistance & help.

I am also guessing you haven't got another device that supports the BT Sports App on your television ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. At least it isn't just me then. I tried contacting Now last night and they suggested resetting the box. I did this and still the same. Hopefully Now will sort this. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There was another separate Tweet over on NOW Help Twitter feed and NOW suggested a full factory reset on their NOW / Roku box.

The tweet was about 3 hours ago and the person said that they haven't tried a factory reset and will give it a go.

They haven't tweeted back since to confirm if the factory reset has worked or not (so don't know if they have resolved it by a factory reset or haven't bothered to tweet back to say it didn't work).

Might be worth contacting BT Sports also to see if they are aware of any picture issues with their App when using a NOW device.

Unfortunately i don't subscribe to BT Sports to check if their App is running fine on my NOW / Roku devices.

It might be a few isolated cases, where i would have expected more reports (unless this is the start of more reports to come in the next couple of hours).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did contact BT. As I can watch on other devices they said the issue is with Now TV and couldn't help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to have resloved itself for now