cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auto play

Hi everyone or anyone, is it possible to have the next episode play automatically as is the case with Netflix and now Sky. So I have found something called binge mode. Needless to say cannot find it now! I'm using the Now TV app on my LG smart TV but also have the app on my laptop and iPad Pro. So yes any help much appreciated. I'm left wondering if the binge mode, was something to do with auto play?! X
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh I just missed the word pre before recorded but it wasn’t such an omission that he could have completely misunderstood. Previous questions were just as picky and smarmy. The show I watch are not live but pre-recorded and that could have been got by me mentioning season 3 but season 4 is already out. I’ve cancelled the subscription due to really bad playback in a really good PC as well as a couple of bad audio syncs and when I finished watching my show I was to pay another £10 if I wanted to watch the next thing which was on Sky movies. I can get basic Netflix for £5.99 but I choose to pay £10.99 to have everything. Not paying more for more bad streamin
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My questions were perfectly valid in my opinion, as you only now just stated the device you were talking about. With BT shows can be recorded on the BT TV YouView box, that is why I kept going on about recordings etc.
Will just leave it at that, however I will apologise for the misunderstanding of the terminology used.

That being said, I agree 100% with you regarding the picture quality of the player for windows. Still have no idea why no full blown app with 1080p is created. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Because PCs and Macs are eminently hackable, and Now don’t want Full HD/5.1 versions of their programming escaping into the wild?

So best not to allow it on those platforms at all, rather than chance their copy protection being blown?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is allegedly a streaming platform therefore it should be the qame as any other streaming platform, you should watch it on the site.  Something I didn't mention was how sick I got of the app crashing and having to go back on to the site to get it to work again.  Antiquated service charging the same as Netflix, Amazon and dare I say even Disney plus has better value for money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyway I decided to keep a list of the ads I was being forced to watch.  Remembering this is after I paid my £9.99 to Now TV (just for clarity).  If I am having to watch ads every 20 minutes I should not have to pay for a subscription.  Here's this is the list watching only one 7 episode long season and remembering they are repetitive as well.

TikTok

Pinterest

William Hill

Glasgow Airport

Skoda

A book named 'Triple Cross'

Very Pay

Chanel No 5

Bleu de Chanel

Rado watches

House of Bruar

Sports Direct

Peugeot 3008

I hope this clarifies what I mean by ads and I honestly think I should get a refund on my money paid.  No further responses required really, I'm aware I've been ripped off, the end

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To have advert free on demand content you need boost. This has been mentioned to you. 

Do I agree paying £9.99 and then having to pay another £5 on top of that for advert free experience absolutely not. It is how it is though. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can try and speak to staff to ask for a refund. However I can guarantee you that you won’t get a refund. They will tell you to have no adverts on demand content you have to take out boost. 

What you need to bear in mind is that Netflix has just launched adverts into their package. Disney+ are doing the exact same thing next year. 
It’s only a matter of time for Paramount+ to do the same. 

All that NOW has done is beat them all to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Netflix have now got different packages and it’s the £4.99 one that will have ads. My 10.99 one will not have ads and it’s a superior service. Honestly, I think paying £ 9’oo for a month should get me ad free. Pay that amount and if you want to watch something like a movie pay the same again, plus paying for boost to get rid of ads sounds like a mighty con to me. Like I said I have ended the subscription, I’m just not that stupid