cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auto play

Hi everyone or anyone, is it possible to have the next episode play automatically as is the case with Netflix and now Sky. So I have found something called binge mode. Needless to say cannot find it now! I'm using the Now TV app on my LG smart TV but also have the app on my laptop and iPad Pro. So yes any help much appreciated. I'm left wondering if the binge mode, was something to do with auto play?! X
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

November 2022 and still looking for this basic feature.  Also sick of paying money to view then watching ads, getting paid twice.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you talking the promos for Sky/NOW content that lasts around 30 seconds? 
Or are you referring to live TV with adverts?

If it’s the latter this will never go away regardless of boost or not. As boost is designed to take away third party adverts from on demand only.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I’m talking about recorded shows I’m watching, in this current case season 3 of Manifest, which is an old season as season 4 has been released
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Recorded shows? 
Are you a BT customer?

Recorded shows from Live TV will still have adverts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I’m not and you likely knew that due to me paying now tv. Anyway, seems it’s unlikely you can help. Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can’t record shows unless your with BT.

How on earth would I have known you pay direct to NOW? As I am not staff.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s simple, you mentioned recording shows. 
That means your recording live Tv which comes with adverts.

Boost takes away adverts from on demand ONLY. And that is only third party adverts from on demand, promos for Sky/NOW content at the start is not going anywhere anytime soon.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Is it really too much trouble to simply select the next episode? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

Is it really too much trouble to simply select the next episode? 

@redchiz1 

Toddler, Peppa Pig, yes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

A terminology issue only. @Anonymous User likely means On Demand, as contrasted with Live, but has used the word Recorded for this instead.

And likely means Promos, not Ads. @Anonymous User  is your viewing interrupted by ads (for third-party commercial products like washing-up liquid), or merely preceded by promos for other Now programmes?

It’s a real pain that these are unskippable, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.