cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auto play

Hi everyone or anyone, is it possible to have the next episode play automatically as is the case with Netflix and now Sky. So I have found something called binge mode. Needless to say cannot find it now! I'm using the Now TV app on my LG smart TV but also have the app on my laptop and iPad Pro. So yes any help much appreciated. I'm left wondering if the binge mode, was something to do with auto play?! X
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s an irritating but fairly minor inconvenience for me. However it must be maddening for people with kids. It does seem strange auto play has not been included when it’s a standard feature on every other streaming service I use. Even UKTV has got it sorted. I think Now TV needs to up its game a little here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another year of no autoplay, a post from 4 years ago, a highly sought feature and currently a huge annoyance when casting. It's quite ridiculous that they don't even have a basic feature that everyone has asked for for years.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Would rather have profiles but I know what you mean.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this? I was hoping to switch from sky to now tv but this is a dealbreaker. Need kids episodes to auto play hopeless to have to keep selecting the next one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not fixed this, NowTV? I mean, really? This is basic stuff and you’ve accepted it’s something that repeatedly gets raised in customer feedback, but we’re getting close to half a decade later and it’s still not been fixed. Sort your ###### out.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It might be basic, but so was having HD 1080p streams. Which FINALLY got introducted late last year.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-News/Introducing-NOW-TV-Boost/td-p/512386

Same goes with downloading content for offline viewing. 

Another "basic" thing nowadays is skip intro, so many programs for binge watching is crap on Now TV. Same goes with user profiles, which Amazon and Disney have recently launched with. 

Being on a handful of devices and for some odd reason not being on Amazon Fire sticks.

Finally only being able to have 6 registered devices but with Boost streaming 3 at once is bonkers. 

Long story short, things in Now TV move at sloths speed. Don't be shocked if most features don't appear anytime soon. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to 2022. 

Humanity continues to display it's advancement, although despite our recent success with the James Webb space telescope "nowtv" have still not got their act together to enable such a simple feature such as autoplay. A simple Google search highlights this frustration amoungst the community dating back to 2017. (The only solution appears to be to spend more money with the company in purchasing an additional, unrequired hardware box. Simply unacceptable.

Nowtv, you should be embarrassed, ashamed and disgusted to charge such a premium above competitors when you lack software development which is explicitly called for by the consumer for 5 years. 

I will not be renewing my subscription for this reason alone. It's a vote of no confidence. 

You have no place in 2023, and should evaluate the roles of your software developers, and snail pace speed to react to market trends. 

A non subscription service such as BBC, allows not only this feature but also to skip intro's

Fair well, money grabbing free loaders 👍

Someone seriously dropped the ball here. 

Get in touch with me for some market research / pointers  (assuming you care!)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Good rant. I hope you agree that it should be optional. I hate BritBox for the very opposite reason, I can't even watch the credits in peace. 😕

KevinRS
Advocate

@redchiz1 

I LOATH autoplay and always disable it when I can. If Now do introduce it I hope they make it optional and I agree about BritBox being a pain.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Has it possibly escaped your notice that the ‘non-subscription’ BBC is costing you £13.25 a month?

But I agree, it must be immensely frustrating for Now, or at least for their masters, Sky; they neglect to make the simple changes we all want, but that’s not enough; they hold it down to HD and Atmos is just a pipe dream; they take away your simultaneous streams and charge you to have them back; they stick you with adverts and charge you not to have them; they stick you with the worlds worst router whose WiFi range is measured in nanometres; they offer a famously flaky service that mostly works but when it doesn’t there’s no-one you can ring, and the Nowbot lying in wait for people trying to find Live Chat and instead leading them on a merry but unprofitable dance through screens of irrelevant Help; and if you do get through to Live Chat, the Progress Detector kicks in just as you are getting somewhere and cuts you off; and despite sensible people like you encouraging everyone to leave, people stay with Now in their droves.

They must be wondering just what further indignities they need to subject us to before we all leave Now in frustration and submit to Sky Glass 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.