cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio Glitches

I keep having these audio glitches when I try to see a entertainment show, it it skips the sound and makes this static noises. Also the episode lags out and skipped a few frames.It getting on my nerves and my Wi-Fi  runs at 101mbps. And I’m on Xbox NOW.What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found a solution for my over heating Xbox that cause audio and frame glitches, so I restarted it a set a external fan pointed at it which fixed the problem. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What playback devices is it happening on?

If using something like a NOW Stick or NOW Box go into its settings and see if changing the Audio Settings to Stereo if you are just using the speakers on the television. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s on Xbox and I listening on a headset.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own an Xbox, but what happens if you take the headset out of the equation has a temporary test and use the inbuilt tv speakers.

Does the sound issue persists? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use a monitor it has no speakers but I have two headsets and when I plug one in my controller it still has adopted glitches and frame skip’s  , sound issue affect the all the entertainment shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t know how to how to change the stereo type and sound.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can't really help much further, where I don't own an Xbox.

If your headset works over wifi or bluetooth and your monitor or Xbox has a headphone out Jack, then can you test the audio with a set of wired headphones.

It's a shame you are not using the Xbox with either a TV or Monitor with inbuilt speakers to eliminate your headset out of the equation.

I am assuming it's only the NOW App affected, where doing a quick Google search some Xbox owners have complained about audio crackling in general.

Hopefully some Xbox owners will offer some assistance and further advice on how to rectify the audio issues you are encountering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank you, I will keep this forum open if anyone else has more ideas.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found a solution for my over heating Xbox that cause audio and frame glitches, so I restarted it a set a external fan pointed at it which fixed the problem.