cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iHubbi
Scholar

Are you fed up with the ads - goodbye to NowTV passes.

I've just seen the ads on this service so I am going to save £360+ per year and cancel all my passes. 

I started using this service a few years ago but now they have starting to play advertisings I'm going to say bye bye. 

I pay for YouTube so not to put up with the ads so NowTV are showing ads then I would rather say bye and pay another company for theirs service. 

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@iHubbi 

Do you have the Boost pass by any chance?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
iHubbi
Scholar

That's annoying as I am currently paying for the boost package but I'm still getting the ads. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@iHubbi 

Are the "ads" relating to Now TV promos or are they adverts for Asda (as an example)?

iHubbi
Scholar

Nowtv ads

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@iHubbi 

What device are you using to watch thte content?

My understanding is that Third Party ads will be blocked via Boost, but we will have to "endure" with Now TV promos. 

Don't get why there is no skip advert option like with Prime!

iHubbi
Scholar

I'm watching nowtv with my android tablet. I can see why they have done this - £££'s GREED!.

But when they start losing what they love £££ maybe they will have a rethink but until then they won't be getting anymore of my money for their TV service. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@iHubbi  @gavs82008 

Guys

I must admit that I'm not a fan of ads, any ads, and the fact that Now TV has abandoned the sale of vouchers/passes has sealed the coffin on retaining this service.

I can only imagine that the new owners are introducing their own preferred business practices by closing down those things that attracted most of us to Now TV in the first place, which translates into me being here until my passes run out and then I'm gone.

UK Bob

iHubbi
Scholar

I have read the info but I think that the issue is that boost stops 3rd party ads but the nowtv ads I'm seeing are not 3rd party.

If paying boost would stop all ads then I would reconsider cancelling the service.