cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are Sky One Offering Selective PL Live Matches ?

Noticed that Sky One showed the West Ham v Chelsea match live last Saturday which was also shown on the NowTV live Sky One channel stream.

Looking ahead this week on the Sky TV Guide planner that there is another Live PL game between Leicester City v Crystal Place which is going to be shown live on Sky One this Saturday at 11.30am.

So i am wondering if Sky are going to make this a regular occurrence for selective Premier League matches during the course of the Football season ?

Personally i am not that interested in Football, but it might be welcomed by people who enjoy Football who have an entertainment pass and fancy watching the occasional match now and again.

88 REPLIES 88
starman73
Elite

No rugby on Sky One this Saturday, and no football on Sunday either.  There is a game on Mix for those without sports subscription who have satellite/cable.

SUN 13TH MAY

• Liverpool 15:00 Brighton and Hove Albion Premier League, Sky Sports Premier League - Red Button (14:45), Sky Sports Main Event (14:45)
  • Newcastle United 15:00 Chelsea Premier League, Sky Sports Premier League (14:00)
  • Southampton 15:00 Manchester City Premier League, Sky Sports Mix (14:55), Sky Sports Premier League - Red Button (14:55)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was waiting for any late changes to the Digiguide listings but the schedule seems to have settled for this weekend. Can concur, as @starman73 says, no rugby or football this weekend.

Gillette Soccer Special on Sky One on Sunday afternoon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@starman73@schnapps

Just going back a few posts to BT and how to get free access to Europa and Champions League Football finals..... here is link to article on a516digital about how exactly folk can do this.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/05/bt-announces-free-to-access-champions.html

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just updated Digiguide and found Sky One listed as showing the first live EPL game of the season, Manchester United v Leicester City, next Friday night (10th).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Great spot....... just checked the Radio Times online guide for Friday 10th August and they also show this on Sky One..... happy days.

Didn't think this was a fixture that they would ever make available in this way, but being a Utd fan I'm glad I'll get the chance to see it (or perhaps the way Utd are going in pre-season, maybe I don't want to see it!!!!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a fellow United fan I'm feeling the pain, although the most recent (Real Madrid) game was a bit more promising.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I think I read that Real were missing just as many World Cup players on this tour as Utd were....... so Utd might just have sneaked a game between two sets of reserves?????

I'll be watching on 10th August from behind the sofa!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

I think I read that Real were missing just as many World Cup players on this tour as Utd were....... so Utd might just have sneaked a game between two sets of reserves?????

I'll be watching on 10th August from behind the sofa!!!!

Smiley LOL Might be the best place to be Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just updated Digiguide and found Sky One listed as showing the first live EPL game of the season, Manchester United v Leicester City, next Friday night (10th).

Wonder if they will be showing Friday night rather than Saturday afternoon this season.  However if it going to be Saturday afternoon going forward then here are some potential games (though I expect Spurs v Liverpool is unlikely)...

Saturday 18th August 2018
Cardiff City v Newcastle United Premier League 12:30

Saturday 25th August 2018
Wolves v Man City Premier League 12:30

Saturday 1st September 2018
Leicester City v Liverpool Premier League 12:30

Saturday 15th September 2018
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Premier League 12:30

Saturday 22nd September 2018
Fulham v Watford Premier League 12:30

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

According to this news article Sky One will be showing three Premier League matches over Christmas on Boxing Day Smiley Happy.

Fulham v Wolves at 12pm

Brighton v Arsenal at 5pm

Watford v Chelsea at 7.15pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/personal-finance/watch-3-christmas-premier-league-13713335