cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Expert

Re: Are Sky One Offering Selective PL Live Matches ?

Suspect I will be suffering from deja vu this summer!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/rugby-union-on-sky

SAT 9TH JUNE

• New Zealand 08:35 France International Match, Sky Sports Main Event (08:00), Sky Sports Action (08:00)
  • Australia 11:00 Ireland  International Match, Sky Sports Main Event (10:45), Sky Sports Action (10:45)
  • South Africa 16:05 England International Match, Sky Sports Main Event (15:00), Sky Sports Action (15:00)

SAT 16TH JUNE

• New Zealand 08:35 France International Match, Sky Sports Main Event (08:00), Sky Sports Action (08:00)
  • Australia 11:00 Ireland International Match, Sky Sports Action (10:45)
  • South Africa 16:05 England International Match, Sky Sports Main Event (15:00), Sky Sports Action (15:00)

And they all play each other on 23 June as well.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73

Reading this news article, it looks like Channel 4 will have a total of 9 live matches from the Champions Rugby Cup each year starting from October 2018 until 2022 , including a quarter final, semi final and the final Smiley Happy

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-to-broadcast-european-rugby-champions-cup-until-20... 

Thom77
Elite

@starman73

I was reading online recently that the BT Showcase HD channel on freeview was going to end, apparently it's been a few weeks since they showed any live European Football action and it had basically turned in to nothing more than a 100% advert (apparently they stopped showing those results screens as well)........ and I'm guessing it's closed now completely.

After all those years of Sky/ITV and BT Sport giving some european football free-to-air...... apparently the latest TV deal that BT won for european football no longer had a clause stating they must show any of it free-to-air, hence at the earliest opportunity it has been dropped.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert

@Thom77 wrote:

After all those years of Sky/ITV and BT Sport giving some european football free-to-air...... 

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-leag...

I see they are "giving away" UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches for free on BTSport.com and the BT Sport app.

NIce of them to give it away to watch on my mobile.  I am so grateful.

0 Thanks

@Thom77 wrote:

@starman73

I was reading online recently that the BT Showcase HD channel on freeview was going to end, apparently it's been a few weeks since they showed any live European Football action and it had basically turned in to nothing more than a 100% advert (apparently they stopped showing those results screens as well)........ and I'm guessing it's closed now completely.

After all those years of Sky/ITV and BT Sport giving some european football free-to-air...... apparently the latest TV deal that BT won for european football no longer had a clause stating they must show any of it free-to-air, hence at the earliest opportunity it has been dropped.

As I posted on the previous page earlier today it has closed down completely today (May 1st) as announced a few weeks ago.

Any live sports coverage BT will be offering free in future (including Champions League) will be via their sports app or their website and quite possibly their Youtube channel.

0 Thanks

@starman73 wrote:

@Thom77 wrote:

After all those years of Sky/ITV and BT Sport giving some european football free-to-air...... 

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-leag...

I see they are "giving away" UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches for free on BTSport.com and the BT Sport app.

NIce of them to give it away to watch on my mobile.  I am so grateful.

The blame lies with UEFA who didn't make any provision for FTA games. It says something for BT that they at least are 'volunteering' to make some coverage FTA, albeit not on an actual tv channel. Their highlights shows etc from next season will be available free via their Youtube channel, so no problem getting it on a Roku/NowTV box or stick.

0 Thanks

Just an update guys.

It would appear Showcase is still on air so maybe the possibility is still there for the European finals to be available fta, at least for those who can receive that particular hd channel.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert

Sky One Schedules according to Tivo

Sat 12 May 1400-1800 Golf's Funniest Moments   - Golf ain't that funny that it would take 4 hours, so suspect something like European Rugby Final will be on, though it will end at 7pm

Sun 13 May 1400-1630 To Be Announced  -   Which if extended to 5pm by removing the Simpsons would cover a final day game in the Premier League

@starman73 wrote:

Sky One Schedules according to Tivo

Sat 12 May 1400-1800 Golf's Funniest Moments   - Golf ain't that funny that it would take 4 hours, so suspect something like European Rugby Final will be on, though it will end at 7pm

Sun 13 May 1400-1630 To Be Announced  -   Which if extended to 5pm by removing the Simpsons would cover a final day game in the Premier League

Digiguide has Golf's Funniest Moments from 13.30-14.30

Futurama 14.30

Modern Family 15.00-17.30

Simpsons 17.30-19.30

I'd imagine that will change for the rugby.

For Sunday DG has Sky One showing Gillette Soccer Special 14.00-17.00

That could stay if Sky decide not to show a game on One.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert

Not Football, but Munster v Edinburgh is on BBC iPlayer tomorrow at 3.15pm, so saves using a Now Sports Pass though as it is BBC ALBA the commentary will be in Gaelic.

• Munster 15:15 Edinburgh Guinness PRO14 - Quarter Final
0 Thanks