cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are Sky One Offering Selective PL Live Matches ?

Noticed that Sky One showed the West Ham v Chelsea match live last Saturday which was also shown on the NowTV live Sky One channel stream.

Looking ahead this week on the Sky TV Guide planner that there is another Live PL game between Leicester City v Crystal Place which is going to be shown live on Sky One this Saturday at 11.30am.

So i am wondering if Sky are going to make this a regular occurrence for selective Premier League matches during the course of the Football season ?

Personally i am not that interested in Football, but it might be welcomed by people who enjoy Football who have an entertainment pass and fancy watching the occasional match now and again.

88 REPLIES 88
starman73
Elite

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

A live Sky One showing on 24th February and 3rd March, so surely as all good things come in threes the Utd v Liverpool will be a must for Sky One on the 10th March?????

Being a Utd fan I have my fingers crossed this might be shown on Sky One, but I have the fingers crossed on my other hand that they don't show it as they way we are at the moment I don't want to watch us getting beat!!!!!

They are only showing the match build up on Sky One according to my Virgin TV guide.  What's Up TV is on at 12:30pm

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like there is another PL match this Saturday the 14th of April at 12 noon between Southampton v Chelsea on Sky One if anybody wants to watch the game with an entertainment pass Smiley Happy

starman73
Elite

@schnappswrote:

Looks like there is another PL match this Saturday the 14th of April at 12 noon between Southampton v Chelsea on Sky One if anybody wants to watch the game with an entertainment pass Smiley Happy

Fab, saves me a day pass and I can record it while I watch Orient on BT Sport 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73

When you say that you can record the game, i am assuming you have a Sky box with an entertainment Sky sub ?

starman73
Elite

@schnappswrote:

Hi @starman73

When you say that you can record the game, i am assuming you have a Sky box with an entertainment Sky sub ?

A virgin Tivo box but yes effectively the same.  Also get the Munster rugby this weekend on Sky Sports Mix.

starman73
Elite

@starman73wrote:

@schnappswrote:

Hi @starman73

A virgin Tivo box but yes effectively the same.  Also get the Munster rugby this weekend on Sky Sports Mix.

Just checked Sky Sports Mix and they are showing a La Liga game (Sevilla v Villarreal) , so three live games on at the same time on Virgin without a Sky Sports subscription.

Suspect Liverpool v Stoke (28 April) and Stoke v Palace (5 May) will also be on Sky One or at least Sky Sports Mix.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73

I know @Anonymous User on here subscribes to Digiguide where he can look 14 days ahead on the Sky TV shows.

Perhaps he can check if there is any scheduled game on the 21st on Sky One.

I have only access to a standard Sky TV Planner where i can only look 7 days ahead.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 @Anonymous User

Ignore the 21st of April, where it looks like there is only one PL game on Saturday which is Watford v Crystal Palace which is a 15.00 kick off so i doubt it will be on Sky One or Sky Sports at moment ?

Where all the games that aired previously on Sky One in the past was a 12.30 kick off.

PL fixtures for April & May 2018.

http://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures

starman73
Elite

@schnappswrote:

Hi @starman73 @Anonymous User

Ignore the 21st of April, where it looks like there is only one PL game on Saturday which is Watford v Crystal Palace which is a 15.00 kick off so i doubt it will be on Sky One or Sky Sports at moment ?

Where all the games that aired previously on Sky One in the past was a 12.30 kick off.

PL fixtures for April & May 2018.

http://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures

21 April is FA Cup Semi day but the Liverpool game scheduled for Sunday will move back to Saturday 12:30 after tonight's win over Man City, so there is the chance that WBA v Liverpool could be on Sky One that day.

All the games on Sky one have been the Saturday 12:30 games, but some of them like Everton v Liverpool last Saturday were kept on Sky Sport Premier League.

General rule of thumb is that if it isn't a derby or a top 6 game it will be on Mix and possibly Sky One.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

Some likely suspects...

Saturday 21st April 2018
West Brom v Liverpool 12:30 Sky Sports TBC
Saturday 28th April 2018
Liverpool v Stoke City 12:30 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Saturday 5th May 2018
Stoke City v Crystal Palace 12:30 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

starman73
Elite

Sky One Premier League games to date all Saturday 12.30 KO  (that I know of)

West Ham v Chelsea
Leicester City v Crystal Palace
Leicester City v Stoke City
Burnley v Everton
Southampton v Chelsea