cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are Sky One Offering Selective PL Live Matches ?

Noticed that Sky One showed the West Ham v Chelsea match live last Saturday which was also shown on the NowTV live Sky One channel stream.

Looking ahead this week on the Sky TV Guide planner that there is another Live PL game between Leicester City v Crystal Place which is going to be shown live on Sky One this Saturday at 11.30am.

So i am wondering if Sky are going to make this a regular occurrence for selective Premier League matches during the course of the Football season ?

Personally i am not that interested in Football, but it might be welcomed by people who enjoy Football who have an entertainment pass and fancy watching the occasional match now and again.

88 REPLIES 88
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noted Chelsea game was on Mix, but didn't note it was on Sky One as well. Could have held off applying my week pass until Sunday. Anyway handy to know as I get Sky One HD via virgin and I can start my week pass on Sunday. Maybe Real v Barca will be on Sky One on Sat 23 Dec as that is also scheduled for Mix.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah, the West Ham v Chelsea match was definitely on Sky One last Saturday i had the match in the background on my TV via my NowTV smart box.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Live-PL-West-Ham-v-Chelsea-live-on-Sky-One/m-p/451202#M36064

The reason i started this new thread is that i am just curious if Sky are going to do this more often in the future ?

Suppose it would be a good idea to keep an eye out on the Sky TV Guide planner each week just in case Sky decide to add a Premier League match on Sky One Smiley Happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suspect they are doing it on Saturday am after soccer am as they don't have any particular programming other than Futurama. Unfortunately next Saturday noon premier league game isn't until 20 Jan when brighton play Chelsea. Another reason they may be doing this is by and large the lowest audiences are for the Saturday midday slot and this is a means of getting more advertising revenue. Very under publicised though. Will have to create new wish list on virgin for this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually Everton v Chelsea is on 23 Dec, so a question of whether sky one show that or real v Barca. I suspect latter is more likely if at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leicester v Palace will be on 4 channels at the same time. Main event, premier league, mix and Sky one. Arguably five if you include ultra HD.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checked listings and sat 23 Dec Real Madrid v Barcelona  live on Sky one noon

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thought i would give this thread a bump, just in case anybody wants to watch the Leicester City V Crystal Place match today on the Sky One Live channel stream who have an entertainment pass Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very glad to have spotted this thread and will certainly need to keep an eye out for these Sky One games going forward...... had I spotted in time the game that went out last Saturday I'm sure I would have watched it.... interesting to see Sky One showing Today's Leicester v Palace clash, but having BT TV and BT Sport channels, I need to stick with the lunchtime Aberdeen v Hibs clash instead!!!!

Very cool to see that the el clasico will be on Sky One next Saturday lunchtime, that is one to stay in for.... forget the last minute Christmas shopping!!!

I like my football, but very rarely do I go for a sports pass (entertainment for me), so it's great to see these matches popping up on Sky One.  If there is ever a Sky Sports Sunday that includes:  Celtic v Rangers (lunchtime), two top-of-the-table Premier League clashes (afternoon), followed by Real Madrid v Barcelona (evening)......... that is the sort of combination that makes me go for a sports pass!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In recent weeks we've been getting these Saturday lunchtime live football fixtures shown on Sky One........ anyone aware if they are going to continue with this this coming Saturday by showing the Celtic v Rangers game?????