cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Appalling Subtitles

I am starting a new thread (and repeating a previous post) to hopefully get some action on the state of NowTV's subtitle provision. 

I am a new user of Now TV and the night before last I watched The Sisters Brothers and Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation. In both cases the video and audio quality was fine but the subtitles were rubbish.

As other posters have said the subtitles sometimes froze, sometimes disappeared and sometimes were for a different part of the film. It's amazing in the 21st Century that Sky are unable to fix this in a timely manner. I am able to do subtitles properly and my home videos so why can't you? Any chance of a proper answer?

Last night we watched Charlie's Angels (2019) which had the same problem but with the audion sounding muffled making it almost unwatchable.

The problem occurs on Windows, Mac and Smart TV and is totally unacceptable for a paid for service. Is there any chance of a solution before I leave for streaming services that work?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've complained myself, sent emails with video evidence and I haven't even had a reply. I've noticed they avoid replying to complaints on the forums about it as well, the least they could do is inform their customers on whether or not they're attempting to fix it. This post is a week old for example, yet they've managed to reply to more recent posts in the forums. I'll probably cancel it before the next payment is due, despite only paying half price. I aim to change my internet provider once my contract is done as well, I honestly don't feel I can trust them.

Unless they somehow turn this around in the next month I'm gone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have managed to get replies although still no success with subtitles on
Windows or Mac PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried reinstalling the app and that doesn't seem to work. I'm not too sure what else I can do. I'm using the app on Windows 10.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven't found a solution yet but if I do I'll post here.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has been known for years, no clue why it is so difficult for NOW TV to fix it. It's the only streaming service right now that basically hasn't got subtitles and this problem has driven away many people.