cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ancient Aliens Glitch

When selecting an Ancient Aliens episode from the main menu it freezes. When I use (*) to search an episode it returns me to the main menu and won't let me select! Used both the box and the stick 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just tried episode 1 Season 12 for me and it worked using a NowTV 4K Smart box.

What i did was when on the main home screen page, press the back button on the remote, then selected Search from the left hand tabs, then typed Ancient Aliens, then followed the on screen pages until i reached the first Season and Episode available.

You could also try going into Entertainment, then Channels, then Sky History, then pick the TV show from the Sky History screen section.

If the above doesn't work, then it might be device or episode related.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just tried the * star button search method on the remote and this method also worked for me (unless it's a particular episode in question that has the glitch).

So it might be a bug on the NowTV Stick and NowTV box (if you don't have the NowTV 4K box) or a glitch only effecting certain people.

Maybe try a reboot of both your Router and NowTV playback devices or try a forced software update on your NowTV devices.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you searched did you see 3 season 12 links. When I select the last season 12 and move across to the episode it throws me back to the main menu. I have done this on 2 separate TVs and devices 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not familiar with this TV show and looking at what Seasons and Episodes are showing on my NowTV 4K box it looks a mess and badly organized.

I can see Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9, two Seasons 10 split across episodes 1 to 15, two Seasons 11 where the first S11  starts at episode 7 and finishes at episode 15, where the second S11 starts at episode 1 and finishes at episode 6, three Seasons 12 across episode 1 to episode 25, then it jumps to episode 34.

I will tag @Izzie-T of the NowTV Team to look into this to see if the season folders can be cleaned up and where is episodes 26 to 33.

I have tried a different couple of random Seasons and Episodes and they all seem to play for me when using the search method or going into the dedicated Sky History section on my NowTV 4K box.

Don't know if this will work, but if you have a tablet or smartphone with the NowTV App, select this TV show and add to My TV Watchlist, then on your Stick or Box see if you can start and play any Season or episode you want to watch from Watchlist on your Box / Stick (not Continue Watching section) 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps 

There is a very specific issue on Ancient Aliens might have affected how the system can process the data from its arrival from its beginning.

However, if you look into the Season folders which actually contains different eps:

• S10, 1 – ep 1-8
  • S10, 2 – ep 9 – 15
  • S11, 1 – ep 1- 6
  • S11, 2 – ep 7 – 15 ( ep 8 legal recall )
  • S12, 1 – ep 1 – 14
  • S12, 2 – ep 15 – 25
  • S12, 3 – ep 33 – 34 ( confirmed in system, there is no ep 26-32 )

We do not have the fix on this data issue yet.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.