cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 app not working

Hi,

Ive Tried using All 4 for about 2 weeks now, every time I clicked on it, it would take me back to the main homescreen of Now TV, anyone else had this problem? Im missing hollyoaks.

My box is updated. So is the app. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yeah I’m having the same issue. Hope we can get this resolved as it is so frustrating!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I've read the All 4 app is no longer supported by the White boxes. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling to fix the problem before I heard that. It works until you go to sign back in again and then the crashes recommence.

I've recently upgraded and All 4 now seems to have a different design so it looks like they have done a new version, cut the device from the compatibility list and stopped supporting the older version of the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the white now tv box and I cannot get on all 4 , it starts downloading then it goes straight back to the blue home page , do i need to buy a new box as i have tried all sorts and it still wont come on , the other channels are fine?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say so. The app developers determine requirements/decide on the compatible devices so BBC, ITV and Channel 5 are currently still supporting the white boxes. I haven't contacted Channel 4 directly though I did contact UKTV Play who confirmed that they don't support the white box.

Very odd on 4's part though that an app that won't run is still available for download. With UKTV it just isn't there if the device isn't compatible.

For me the absence of UKTV and the crashing of Channel 4 made the upgrade worthwhile when the Smart Box went down to £29.99 with passes included (I got mine via Argos collect in Sainsbury's.)  It is newer than the stick and it saved me needing an adapter for an awkward HDMI port, but whether to upgrade and if so, the route to take is a personal choice. 

There is currently a half price trade in offer at Currys on the smart stick with a choice of inclusive passes if you take in your white box. Alternatively another poster reported live chatting Now TV and being offered the stick without passes for £7.49 instead of the usual price of £14.99.

If you are a regular user of passes the Currys offer (until 19/03) effectively makes the stick free. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do we report to Now tv as I also have a white box and my 4 is not working - if it’s not broke why fix it - it was all ok before can you tell me how to email Now tv to report the fault thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem,I've read through the comments and I have a white box so does this mean I need to upgrade?