cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts with Boost?

I started getting adverts a few months ago when Now announced you need a boost subscription to share logins, and see no adverts. 

I reluctantly paid for boost because I couldn't hack seeing that ridiculous McDonalds advert where they're all laughing for 30 seconds - pathetic. 

Anyway, a few days ago I started getting a 30 second advert before the show starts, an advert I can't skip. Does anyone know why this might be, or are Now just mugging me off? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this a promo for NOW content? Or is it third party?

If it’s the former then that’s what we have to put up with.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I did do that and yes its the advert before I play any tv show episode. What they doing is disgusting and very off putting specially because its 30 sec long and after each episode it cones on without skip. Once Im done watching tv shows I want to watch I will cancell both of my membership on NOW 

Thanks for the info by the way

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Wouldn't say it’s disgusting, not remotely enough for me to cancel. Although it is very annoying yes, however not as annoying when it’s promos for the English premiership more when I have literally zero interest in it.

Should we have them of course not. That being said as I’ve mentioned up thread already there are other streaming services that you pay for no adverts and you still get a promo for their content before it starts. 

Nothanks
Advocate

Just came on looking for the same advice and yes it is disgusting no adverts should mean no adverts its a lie false advertising I paid extra for something and didn't get it. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nothanks 

Not false advertising, NOW explicitly say it WON’T remove adverts from live TV nor will it remove the NOW trailers. Read this link, which goes into more detail.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads