cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts with Boost?

I started getting adverts a few months ago when Now announced you need a boost subscription to share logins, and see no adverts. 

I reluctantly paid for boost because I couldn't hack seeing that ridiculous McDonalds advert where they're all laughing for 30 seconds - pathetic. 

Anyway, a few days ago I started getting a 30 second advert before the show starts, an advert I can't skip. Does anyone know why this might be, or are Now just mugging me off? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this a promo for NOW content? Or is it third party?

If it’s the former then that’s what we have to put up with.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this a promo for NOW content? Or is it third party?

If it’s the former then that’s what we have to put up with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it's not third party - it's for Now TV shows. Extremely annoying! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Annoyingly this is what the streaming world seems to be aiming to. Paramount+ do unskippable promos for its content at the start.

Even Amazon as promos too, at least however they can be skipped!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

exactly! you should at least be able to skip them. iPlayer has skippable adverts, and Amazon like you say. ridiculous 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it's despicable that they are showing adverts when we pay extra to NOT SEE ADVERTS.  We should all complain about this. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If it’s promos for NOW content at the start of the show there is nothing that can be done.

Paramount+ and other services operate the same way in the US. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I don't agree with it even if the US are doing it.  To be honest there are a few things I don't agree with lately that the US have passed. 

Extra payment should mean no adverts even if it is for content on the same or affiliate channels. If it has to happen, you should be given the option to skip it if you pay. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this is really disgusting!! I paid for boost because I hate adverts they really irritating me and package clearly says ad free !!! This is not ad free!!! If I want to see ads I will go on youtube!!! it's ridiculous that Im forced to watch something I dont give a crap about and whats worse if I select wrong tv show and want to watch previous episode again as I missed few things I'm blessed with sane irritating advert all over again this is by far worse streaming platform I have sogned up with. I have netflix, amazon prime, Disney + STAR and now tv by far is the worst when it comes to adverts. Once I finish watching 4 tv shows I want to watch I will cancel both of my subscription here and remove this crappy app!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What sort of “adverts”?

1. Third party such as Tesco or Halifax throughout the content?

2. Promos for content on Sky before the content begins?

The latter is here to stay, would be nice if they gave us a skip button. If it’s the former and you’ve just applied boost, you’ll need to log out and back in to kick start it.