cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ads

Why are ads appearing in the middle of episodes when I am paying membership? During my free trial I didn’t have these.

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you got Boost?

Without Boost, or with Boost but not properly set up, the service is ad-supported as well as by membership subscription.

Did you get a free trial of Boost during your free trial of Entertainment, but declined to continue with it, or never took it out? 

That would explain why you never saw ads before, but are seeing them now.

Other possibilities are that Now suppressed ads during recent free trials as they had blown up their ad-insertion mechanism - now mostly fixed - or that advertisers decline to pay for ads or have them shown except on paid-up Memberships; or, which is where I think you were going, that Now give ad-free trials, and spring ads on you, if you don’t take Boost, only when you have committed to a membership.

But I think we need to check the ‘good’ reasons first.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a massive con. Have cancelled my subscription as a result 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's not really, our beloved Netflix is going to be adding adverts, Disney have already said they will be doing from next year. Discovery+ now has adverts.

Even Paramount+ has indicated the possibility of adverts being added at some point.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User It's a matter of opinion. I don't find it a con at all. £5 a month for the Boost, often offered free for an introductory period, or reduced with a cancellation offer, along with three users/devices and full HD seems quite reasonable to me. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

A con is where somebody says one thing, and does another.

I don’t know what the name is for the thing where Now set out their stall very precisely, and proceed accordingly, but people don’t bother to read the explanatory material Now provide.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, alright Mr. Logic. Would ‘rip off’ be better for you? Either way, they’ve lost my subscription as I am not prepared to pay and be advertised at so 🤷🏻‍♂️
redchiz1
Champion 2

Yeah, why bring logic into it when ranting will do? You have a choice and have decided to exercise it, good luck in finding the service you seek elsewhere.