cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coolhands
Advocate

Re: Ads before content!?

I just googled this cr4p after being annoyed and see it is indeed a thing. I’m getting giffgaff adverts before programmes. I’m in uk.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Coolhands 

No doubt the ads are tailored to your interests; have you also been Googling mobile phone deals?

But as we tirelessly explain, you need Boost to run ad (though not unskippable promo) free, and it brings other benefits with it.

We’ve not been watching Now much lately, though we have just started White Lotus (or rather Muddy Yellow Lotus as we call it, since the colour is so peculiar - and no, it isn’t a Maui thing as we have been there, and the colours are normal).

But the great thing about Now is that you can leave whenever you want - whether because there’s nothing you want to watch, or because there is enough to watch on other services that agree with you that charging a subscription and still showing you ads is extracting the urine.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Shhh… you might start Now agreeing with you about one overarching Boost, and launching a family of individual Boosts, one for each membership.

Which they would somehow contrive to increase their revenue above that from the existing arrangement 😛

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
TheSpiritUK
Observer

Cancelling mine for sure. Absolutely not going to pay a subscription of any sort to then have adverts that you can’t skip. There are plenty of other services out there with far more content and no mandatory adverts. 

0 Thanks