cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ads before content!?

When you pay for a service you don't expect there to be ads on that service?

In addition the ads are unskip-able and often for things completely unrelated?

Why should you have to suffer through more adverts when you've already purchased it. 

Is there a option to stop these happening and if not there should be.

52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous User
Not applicable

im honestly ending my subscription after this month. Nearly finished the sopranos but now are taking the absolute p*ss with this nonsense. The price we pay for this is not worth it in comparison to other services who don’t force ads down our throat, or require our location to view content on mobile networks IN THE COUNTRY OF PURCHASE. absolute nonsense. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just because American companies do it doesn't mean its right and everyone should copy!!!

We haven't been LUCKY, it was done correctly in the uk, until the utter corporate capitalist greed was exported from the US.

Only thing companies understand is people walking.... even then they can't comprehend why its happening, no idea that greed chases customers away.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s all down to the fact that Sky is owned by Comcast which is a US company.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Maybe so, but operation in a country that isn't America.
Maybe one day our useless parliament may have these greedy indiscretions
removed, its daylight robbery to be have adverse forced on us unless you
pay MORE. And only for HD, wow, damn cheek.

Any luck it backfires & cost them, there are other movie streaming
platforms out there they need to compete with, charging extra for general
quality and to remove adverts recently foisted on people is NIT the way to
go.....in the UK
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Comcast is wanting to push its own business model into the Sky territories. 
Regardless what country it is there is nothing much we can do, apart from either accept and try get discounts or move onto another streaming service. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Move on it is then, thanks. 👍

Only check NowTV occasionally to see what new moves are out, usually disappointing selection anyway except once in a blue moon something worth my subscription. But no HD and basic sound... if its that kind if move then I'd buy the blurry with Dolby Atmos etc, or UHD if really good film. 

Yes NOWTV, I said UHD and Dolby Atmos...... wonder how much extra they'd try to extort from its customer base for those options? which by the way, have been out for years already.

Sky NowTV  'Basic, backward, extortionate'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn’t agree more. 

starman73
Elite

nothing much we can do, apart from either accept and try get discounts or move onto another streaming service. 

it is a strange decision in light of the loss of so much content and increased competition that the reaction of Now is to reduce streams and put adverts at the start of every show.

Also boost is counter intuitive to the no contract model.  When I have them, my cinema, entertainment and sports have different renewal dates, and so does boost.  With Netflix, the "boost" is on one pass, so you pay £6 basic, £10 improved, £14 top level, so it is simple.  It does not work with 4 different passes.  Or 5 if you add in a sports day pass where you have to pay for a month  boost.  I suspect the boost take up on Now is less than 10% of customers, so telling a large majority of your customers to stump up or suck it up isn’t that wise.  Boost should have been left at £3 during the transition from 2 streams to 1 stream.  At £5 it looks like a rip off.

I suspect that once 15th July comes there will be a large number of posts and a large number of cancellations.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Shhh… you might start Now agreeing with you about one overarching Boost, and launching a family of individual Boosts, one for each membership.

Which they would somehow contrive to increase their revenue above that from the existing arrangement 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just googled this cr4p after being annoyed and see it is indeed a thing. I’m getting giffgaff adverts before programmes. I’m in uk.