cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ads before content!?

When you pay for a service you don't expect there to be ads on that service?

In addition the ads are unskip-able and often for things completely unrelated?

Why should you have to suffer through more adverts when you've already purchased it. 

Is there a option to stop these happening and if not there should be.

52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Yh 30 secs, its so annoying, i will email them now, thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just realised there is advertising now before content.  I will be cancelling my subscriptions because of it. It’s unacceptable. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As discussed throughout this thread if you have boost you’ll no longer get third party adverts.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling mine for sure. Absolutely not going to pay a subscription of any sort to then have adverts that you can’t skip. There are plenty of other services out there with far more content and no mandatory adverts. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up again, and not happy!  I am paying for NOWTV, so I shouldn't be forced to watch un-skippable adverts!  I am cancelling once the month is up!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Was it promos for NOW content or third party like adverts found on All4/My5? 

The former is here to stay. Agreed that it’s annoying you can’t skip them. 

The latter can be removed by boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely ads like you get on commercial channels.  So, boost?  I have to pay even more to not get ads now?  I'd rather wait for the movies to appear on Netflix or Amazon.  Bye Bye Now TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Yeah, adverts were added last summer. Which made everyone who didn’t have boost very happy. 

That being said I’ve had boost since it got introduced for 1080p and 5.1 sound. The advert set up didn’t effect me at all. 

It’s a highly common practice in the US. Since Comcast owns Sky it was a matter of time for this to be added.

Next year adverts will be added to Disney+ and more recently Discovery+.

Whilst we don’t agree with it, however it makes perfect sense to earn extra cash through advertising since on demand streaming is used more these days than live streaming. 

Cornholio
Advocate

Its so you buy the boost add on thats wht i cancelled mine 2 days after i signed up

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Cornholio 

It's a very old thread this. But: you don't get ads with on demand content with Boost, although you may still get trailers. Live streams/channels will always carry ads as they do on any platform.