cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ads before content!?

When you pay for a service you don't expect there to be ads on that service?

In addition the ads are unskip-able and often for things completely unrelated?

Why should you have to suffer through more adverts when you've already purchased it. 

Is there a option to stop these happening and if not there should be.

52 REPLIES 52
nowswaish
Scholar 3

I have never seen a advertisement before a program though occasionally I see trailers for other programs available on Now TV, so similar to those on Amazon Prime and other subscription services. 

On Now TV you cannot skip these trailers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that’s what I’m referring too. This unskip-able trailers, which are advertisements. They also advertise other sky products.  I know amazon do it, which is equally annoying, but at least you can skip them and they don’t tend to be paid products. They don’t seem to do it on Netflix. I don’t want them selling other products, like football packages and other channels when bought one all ready.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is so annoying. It is always ads for football and sport (I already have now tv sport so the ads for them are pointless!). It's a paid subscription, the ads should at least be skippable. I understand them on terrestrial tv services because that is how they generate revenue but... I pay for NOW TV movies, entertainment and sport - it's enough to justify no ads.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I ask what device is it your using that you see the "advertising" for Sky products?

When I have used my Sony Bravia Andriod TV I have not encountered such adverts from Sky. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's on the console apps for xbox and playstation, and it happens every time I first select a show to watch and then every few episodes after that. We don't watch it on TV or PC anymore so I can't comment on those. It's doesn't make sense to me at all - It's not enough to make me cancel but it's still annoying especially when I have the products being advertised 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
That certainly is odd if the advertising appears on some devices but not others. 
If they had to keep the advertising I’d really hope they introduce a skip feature. 

Best option is to drop an email to customer support to complain about it. Address in the below picture.

40EC8743-FA3D-4DDA-9ED9-105224A227A8.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That’s lovely, thank you for your help. I will put a complaint in for sure actually. Thanks again 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m getting this when I use my Roku and my iPad. It’s really annoying. Definitely shouldn’t be forced to put up with this when we pay for our subscriptions, and we can make our own decisions on what to watch, anyway. They’re completely ignoring all the complaints. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What are you getting? 

Is it promos for NOW content or is it more third party like Asda or Amazon for instance? 

If it’s the latter having Boost membership added will get rid of these “adverts”, however if it’s the former, then there is nothing that can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

How can I watch without ads?

If you'd prefer to watch on-demand shows and movies without third-party ads, you can choose to upgrade to NOW Boost for just £3 a month.

With Boost, you won't see third-party ads, and you also get an extra stream so you can watch on 3 devices at the same time.

Plus, if you've got a supported device (see the FAQ below), you can enjoy an enhanced viewing experience with:

• Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
  • Smoother sporting action: Sky Sports channels – Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf – are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).
  • Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.

Does having Boost mean I won't see any ads?

If you upgrade to Boost, you won't see third-party ads when you watch on-demand shows and movies. You'll still see promotional trailers to help you find shows and movies you'll love, as well as ads on live channels.