cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Access to GB NEWS

Has anyone managed to get GB News on the Now TV Guide - Free to Air  channels?

Or is it going to be added to the App Store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem accessing GB News channel from my NOW Freeview Smart box after a new TV channel rescan on my box.

I have noticed though since recently the amount of Freeview channels have reduced from about 177 to 145 on my box (though i can receive the GB News channel on my NOW Freeview Smart box from my local transmitter i.e. Wenvoe in South Wales).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem accessing GB News channel from my NOW Freeview Smart box after a new TV channel rescan on my box.

I have noticed though since recently the amount of Freeview channels have reduced from about 177 to 145 on my box (though i can receive the GB News channel on my NOW Freeview Smart box from my local transmitter i.e. Wenvoe in South Wales).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get a Freeview box. I was only given a USB stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Freeview Smart box was discontinued about two years ago.

Here's a picture of one which you need to plug in a TV aerial at the back of the box.

now_tv_smart_box_with_remote.jpg

Maybe also consider a Youview box if you want over the air TV channels (via a TV aerial) plus the NOW App.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This linked article identifies what playback devices are supported, where there is a sub section of what Youview boxes are not now supported anymore if you are considering a Youview box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now