cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

About NOW TV Content

Hi yeah, I've got a question. Why is the content on NOW TV utter s***

Seriously. Has anybody looked at the TV guide recently. Now it may just be nostalgia talking but I grew up in the 90's when channels such as Cartoon Network and Boomerang had oh what's the word that 'm looking for VARIETY!

Now I don't really watch TV much except for maybe The Simpsons occasionally when I need a bit of a laugh and ho guess what, the whole thing is on Disney+

Seriously up your game. I can't believe how bad Sky and NOW TV is nowadays and it's baffling to me whjy people still continue to pay for it.

Just my opinion. I can't speak for everybody, I'm not living in a house with four or more people so yeah rant over.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What content are you even referring to? 

Sky/NOW has a vast amount of content from HBO to NBC shows

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know what you mean @Anonymous User I just left Sky Q and use Now just to watch the F1 races (when they bother to make it available on demand) the following morning.  I didn't bother with an entertainment pass as back when we had Sky One instead of Sky Max I think the content was much better.

After work I used to enjoy putting on Sky One and watching some old Simpsons but then they reduced the daily episodes and replaced it with Fresh Prince of Bel Air which I don't really enjoy watching and it hasn't really aged well.

A lot of this isn't really Sky's fault as companies set up their own streaming platforms and fragment the market so they lose out on content.  Sky started as a way to bring a lot of the American shows to us in the UK and that's all going into a myriad of streaming services instead, so Sky is becoming less and less relevant.  Only the sports rights are really keeping them in business and how long will it be before someone like DAZN comes along and snatches up those rights.

I think they see the way it is going so are focusing on their own content but is that enough?  Im not sure it is.

My biggest problem is the platform.  Almost every other service can have programs available on demand pretty quickly if not instantly.  Now TV cant seem to manage it most of the time and even if you have boost its in 720p for the F1 races.  If you watch live (on my apple tv anyway) you cant pause it.  Pretty backwards way of doing things.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s just it, with Disney keeping most/all content for Disney+ and Paramount+ launching soon, it will be the same for CBS and Showtime content. 

Then in a few years HBO Max will launch, which will remove all the HBO and Warner Brothers content.

It makes sense for Sky to push more NBC content and with Peacock releasing more, albeit insanely slowly. Over the next few years we will keep seeing that shift to content like in the US for Comcast.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Go to each Now membership you have, and choose Cancel.

Make sure you follow the process right through, for each membership, including Boost if you have it.

Job done!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.