cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

911 Ep 8, Series 3- advert breaks left in

Bad editing by SKY on above; ads are normally edited out on this platform.

But first time I've encountered gaps in the show where ads would have appeared,

are left in, showing grey screen with SKY logo, that you have to speed through to resume episode 😣

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Geluk 

Yep, noticed that as well when catching up with that episode....it happened on break one and three, but not break two???  The 911 logo pops up for a couple of seconds (as expected) but instead of returning to show we got what seemed like 30s of Sky Witness logo and accompanying musak.

Hopefully a one-time thing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Geluk 

Not sure if you're up to date with this weeks 9-1-1 episode 9, but those Sky Witness advert additions at the points where adverts are usually missing are back again this week.

Again, like it was last week with episode 8, we got 10-15s of Sky Witness logo (and musak) at the point where ad break one would have been and the same again where ad break three would have been.....but nothing additional where ad break two would have landed????????

Now is this some sort of error that seems to be afflicting the catch-up playback of this particular show or are Sky Witness now starting to add channel advertising in to catch-up episodes of their shows????  I don't currently watch any other Sky Witness shows to know if this is happening elsewhere or not.  I do currently watch Perry Mason on catch-up from Sky Atlantic and that doesn't have any channel adverts being slipped in to it.

Again, is 9-1-1 alone in having these weird little channel adverts added to it's playback in error, or is this the start of something new from Sky that will eventually hit other shows???????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I've noticed the ad breaks too, with the Sky Witness logo showing and some teeth clenchingly annoying music (have to hit the mute).

What is worse in S3 ep17 and ep 16 is that every couple of minutes a blank screen flashes up. I don't know if this is seen by others. It does not happen on other shows watched on the same device. Looks like something went wrong with the subliminal messaging!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I take it back, the blank screen flashes have started appearing on other shows today so perhaps it is my roku box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not your box. I have this on 911 every week. Recently changed from a Now TV to a Roku box and has not changed. Do not know about you but I think the 'musak' may have previously been used as a method of torture. I can barely stand the 30 seconds or so that I have to listen to it.