cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lethaljoe
Observer

£5 charge to watch at 1080p resolution...

This is crazy. It's 2023 and Sky are charging extra to be able to stream content at what is the standard and has been for well over a decade now.  

All other major streaming services offer the standard of atleast 1080p. I would understand the charge if it was a 4K upgrade with HDR, the latter of which I would happily pay more than £5 for. But paying extra for just 1080p is unacceptable. I guess an add free experience is also appealing, but don't get me started on services offering add free tiers. I'm paying for this I should not be getting adds to begin with.

How do sky believe this to be ok? Most people have a 4k screen these days. 720p content is going to look terrible on a 4k screen. It's a deal breaker frankly. I was ready to subscribe then I came across this information.

Yeah I'm having a moan. I'm genuinely angry and confused at this. But it's Sky, so I should have expected this really.

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

Yep, that's it. Like most streamers they have differential charges for various qualities of service and numbers of devices one can use. Unlike others, they often have offers on their various memberships, including Boost. 

RoyB
Legend

@Lethaljoe 

Netflix charge extra for HD, and they are a major streaming service.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
GrapeHatNine
Mentor

Apparently Now TV saw your post and decided to increase it to £6 lol

redchiz1
Champion 2

😂😂😂😂