cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pause rewind live tv

is this possible via the xbox one app, or is the smart box the only way to get this feature on live tv? 

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Currently you can pause and rewind the live NOW TV channels on the NOW TV Smart Box and soon to be released NOW TV Smart Stick, but not on other devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you absolutely sure about this.  I have a stick which doesn't do this.  So before I buy, I'd like to be sure.  Also, can you confirm if this is the older box or will the firmware update mentioned here do that on all boxes.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Are you absolutely sure about this.  I have a stick which doesn't do this.  So before I buy, I'd like to be sure.  Also, can you confirm if this is the older box or will the firmware update mentioned here do that on all boxes.

The Smart Box will let you Pause and rewind for up to 30 mins on Live TV @Anonymous User 100%

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, Tony-D but can you advise if this applies to all boxes.
There are two versions available on Amazon; an older version and the newer
version with Freeview. I have Freeview already so no point in spending the
extra money for something I don't want, so the older, cheaper box will suit
me fine if I can pause live TV. If you are 100% sure, then that's my option.

Thanks for your early reply.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks, Tony-D but can you advise if this applies to all boxes.
There are two versions available on Amazon; an older version and the newer
version with Freeview. I have Freeview already so no point in spending the
extra money for something I don't want, so the older, cheaper box will suit
me fine if I can pause live TV. If you are 100% sure, then that's my option.

Thanks for your early reply.

No probs @Anonymous User 🙂 Only the Smart Box with the Freeview has the ability to do this as that's the only box with a built in (suitable HDD) Go with the Smart Box. You don't have to use the Freeview part of it 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks again for your valued input, I now know where I'm going.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

awesome, thank you. I think the stick is what I'm after then. I just dont want another box, the wife is getting a but frustrated with the clutter. 

Do you know if there's any plans to introduce the feature on other devices? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Not heard anything mentioned anywhere I'm afraid, guessing as most things turn up on-demand and its already on the latest NOW TV box/stick it might not be a priority for other devices. The stick is a great little device at a cheap price (£15 on its own, £20 with 2 months ent) so worth looking at.