cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 1 - fix

Hi,

Not a question just hoping to help anyone else out as I could not really find an answer. If you are getting error code is 1 on your PS3 when trying to play any content (menu works fine) check that your date, time and time zone is set correctly. I always have issues with my PS3 showing the incorrect time and as soon as I set it manually to UK time play back worked as it should.

Hope this helps someone.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As above, Date and Time where correct (and this is only my second day using the service, but I set it again anyway and turned automatic time updates off. Error 1 no longer displays.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks my time was an hour out n now works fine 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that!  Date and time were right but, re-set anyway and hey presto, it worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

changed the time and date, worked perfect, this is just a second confirmation incase anyone else has this problem 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well how about that. I was getting that error code 1 real pain in the backside but I checked the time and date as you mentioned in post. It was an hour behind. So changed it. THEN tried watching again And VOILÀ It worked straight away so Thankyou kindly such a simple solution th the problem.