cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

devices Issue

i have a now tv customer for a few years now, but stopped for a few months to save a bit of money, but my son loved it and enjoyed the star wars content on his ipad. so, as he has been a little down i decided to re-new a cinema pass so he could enjoy his movies again. so went to my account de-registered 2 old devices ( not my sons ), turned on a new new xbox in the front room, 15 minutes later my son came in saying he cant get now tv working, had a look and the pathetic maximum devices comment came up, now the language may drop a bit now because im fuming. i dont live with my son, so when he goes back to his mothers he has no device to watch it on, what  school boy operation are you running there, how can netflix accept all changes you make instantaniously, amazon too. , im never re-newing my subs and i will pass on all the negative information to any bugger that will listen.

absolutley  appalled soon to be a never customer again, sort yourselfs out before others waste money

Messages edit to removed inappropriate language 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

i have a now tv customer for a few years now, but stopped for a few months to save a bit of money, but my son loved it and enjoyed the star wars content on his ipad. so, as he has been a little down i decided to re-new a cinema pass so he could enjoy his movies again. so went to my account de-registered 2 old devices ( not my sons ), turned on a new new xbox in the front room, 15 minutes later my son came in saying he cant get now tv working, had a look and the pathetic maximum devices comment came up, now the language may drop a bit now because im fuming. i dont live with my son, so when he goes back to his mothers he has no device to watch it on, what  school boy operation are you running there, how can netflix accept all changes you make instantaniously, amazon too. , im never re-newing my subs and i will pass on all the negative information to any bugger that will listen.

absolutley  appalled soon to be a never customer again, sort yourselfs out before others waste money

Messages edit to removed inappropriate language 

@Anonymous User All you gotta do is contact us on Live Chat or here and we can sort it for you. We have the device limits soley because our providers won't allow us to have unlimited devices. I'll sort it for you now.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have TWO devices.  I have ONLY EVER HAD TWO devices.  After re-registering a few days ago (August 2017) after a month away from NOWTV, I am now unable to watch NOWTV -- TOTALLY UNABLE - to watch it on either my Lenovo Windows Laptop or my Hewlet Packard Windows Notebook since last night.  A message comes up saying that I have 4 devices running on NOWTV, and as I have reached my limit (apparently, somehow) I cannot watch NOWTV until the start of September.  I don't have 4 devices I only have 2 devices.  I have already deleted 2 devices (which appeared to me to be duplicates of my Laptop's registration) on 'Manage my devices' but that has made NO difference whatsoever.  VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone at NOWTV help me. What do I need to do to resolve this???

I can provide telephone number if required, I take it that you already know my email address. 

Regards Dominic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry about this, i have granted you new changes so you should now be able to watch. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only ever had 2 devices , my PC & and Ipad, although I now use Chromecast for Ipad. Yet I get message about 4 devices. NOW TV aren't much help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have a now tv box and removed my girlfriends pc off my devices and now she cant watch plz can some help to get her back watching thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've reached your device limit. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable
OK Eddie I will go and check now.  Do I have to refresh my NOW TV Sky Sports login page first?
Also should I switch off and then restart my 2 devices first before checking??
Regards Dominic
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should be able to just watch when you want @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie.

Good news, everything seems to working ok now, both on my laptop and on my notebook.  For the time being at least!  (lol)  Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your very prompt help.

Regards Dominic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Im coming to the end of a 14 day trial/

Firstly the quality on my FIRST DEVICE (my laptop) is jittery and appalling

my SECOND device my PC was fine, poor picture quality but FINE

My THIRD device my tv WOULDNT REGISTER AT ALL because "YOU HAVE USED ALL FOUR (4) DEVICES"

now TV CLEARLY CANT COUNT. but it went ahead and registered my FIRST AND SECOND DEVICE TWICE, for some reason (becasue you are theiving ho bags who want me to go past the trial dates because i want to solve the problem for the sake of Game of Thrones)

so i followed your stupid advice page and deleted my devices so i could solve the double register issue

ANY WAY AFTER DOING THAT I MIGHT ASWELL HAVE STUCK MY THUMB IN MY OWN ASS HOLE.

look the freaking do , i can only register one more device but I ACTUALLY IN REAL LIFE HEAR AND NOW ON MY PC I CANT BECAUSE APPARENTLY IVE ACTUALLY REGISTER ALL THE DEVICES

this service is a sham. litrally here for game of thrones then it was back to netflix and amazon video because at least their service is quality and consistant.