cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britt
Observer

Xbox teredo IP

I am getting very frustrated as it seems I am unable to get a proper connection for my Series X using the Now TV Hub Two. I do have a connection, but it is a 'strict NAT type' and the console 'cannot get a Teredo IP address'.

I have checked the settings and everything is turned on, including the UPnP and the IvP6 service that specifically says it helps connections to services like Xbox One! And yet, I am still getting this issue!? I can't possibly be the only one, yet I see no one else discuss this teredo problem.

I attempted port forwarding, specifically the console asks to make sure UDP 3544 isn't blocked, so I included that in my set up, and yet it is still not being recognised by the console.

5 REPLIES 5
DaveyDave
Advocate

@Britt 

Hey Britt, did you ever get this fixed?

I’m having the same issue on both my xbox and my housemates xbox but his PS5 is connected fine. Can’t even connect vis ethernet without the same issue. The connection just flickers and it won’t obtain an IP address. I noticed the wifi extender that doesn’t support IPv6 is fine to connect to but the Hub Two that is next to the xbox won’t allow a stable connection? On xbox settings it says “you are connected via IPv4, learn more about IPv6 at xbox.com…” but then when I turned off IPv6 on the router I couldn’t connect at all? Most odd.

Did you get anywhere?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chilli2 @Britt 

No harm in trying switching off Broadband Buddy, but it didn't work for this person on this linked thread below on the Sky equivalent Sky Shield.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Sky-Internet-and-Xbox-Connection-Issues/td-p/4206340 

I don't know if Xbox can work on IPV4 only without IPV6, but I found IPV6 on some of my internet devices caused connection issues and drop outs and since I disabled IPV6 on the NOW Router I haven't encountered no discconections or dropouts on any of my playback devices (everything has been running fine for 3 years plus on NOW since the changes was made).

chilli2
Elite

its not the dreaded roadband buddy setting  is it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Britt 

I don't own an Xbox, but see if anything in this Sky thread linked below gives you any pin pointers.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Xbox-connectivity-issues-Sky-Q/td-p/3855790 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Britt 

You’ve tagged this under the wrong section of the forum. The “consoles” section is for the streaming app only, not relating to a device issue with broadband. 

@chilli2or @Jayach are you able to help out?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help