cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one stream quality poor

I'm not writing a complaint here because the app buffered once or twice, no, I have not been able to watch anything because of how pixelated it is plus the fact it buffers, and I am not exaggerating, every one and a half minutes at the least. This also isn't due to poor internet connection because I am also logged into Now TV on my youview box and Android tablet and it is completely fine it is only my Xbox One having issues. 

And please don't reply to this comment asking me to uninstall and reinstall because I have tried it more than once, I've also tried unplugging the Xbox for a couple seconds and I've tried disconnecting my Wi-Fi router.

I don't think this is significant but the first time I watched a film on Now TV it was completely fine but apart from that every other experience has been truly awful, as I said probably doesnt mean anything but worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm not writing a complaint here because the app buffered once or twice, no, I have not been able to watch anything because of how pixelated it is plus the fact it buffers, and I am not exaggerating, every one and a half minutes at the least. This also isn't due to poor internet connection because I am also logged into Now TV on my youview box and Android tablet and it is completely fine it is only my Xbox One having issues. 

And please don't reply to this comment asking me to uninstall and reinstall because I have tried it more than once, I've also tried unplugging the Xbox for a couple seconds and I've tried disconnecting my Wi-Fi router.

I don't think this is significant but the first time I watched a film on Now TV it was completely fine but apart from that every other experience has been truly awful, as I said probably doesnt mean anything but worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried anything other than uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

If you havent already could you try clearing the cache on the app by following these steps

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick isn't connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will make sure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console and wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  5. Turn on the console using the power button.

If that doesn't help also try adjusting the DNS settings through these steps

1. Go to Settings then choose Network.
  2. Choose Advanced Settings and make a note of your Gateway.
  3. Click IP Settings then Manual and in IP Address enter your Gateway but make the last digit different i.e. 10.
  4. In Subnet Mask enter 255.255.255.0 then in Gateway enter the number you made a note of.
  5. In Primary DNS enter your Gateway number again then in Secondary DNS enter 0.0.0.0.

Let us know how you get on with this

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, got the same problem and that fix doesn't work either. Just get a message on my Xbox saying DNS is not resolving Xbox server names 😩

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...Just get a message on my Xbox saying DNS is not resolving Xbox server names 😩

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you want to know the DNS (Domain Name System) of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), a good place to start is here: WhatsMyDNS

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be fair now tv stream has always been poor, no HD definitely not like Netflix, no problems at all with them streaming through Xbox 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm getting the same. Just started, I've got 100mb+ fibre, and the quality is exceptionally poor. 4k TV, great with decent input by this is poor. I'll be cancelling based purely on the stream quality.