cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox disconnects when selecting nowtv

Our xbox 360 disconnects from live everytime we select now tv, help please.
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no luck. It's doing my head in.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's what happened...

A few days ago NowTV released an update to their xbox 360 app. This is quite common and otherwise happens without incident. Since this latest version, many people trying to use the app have found that it logs them out of xbox live and then asks you to login again to use Now TV. When you click the button to login you receive an error that xbox live cannot be reached and would you like to troubleshoot your connection.

Whatever you do and no matter how many times you reinstall the app, the same thing happens.

This is a bug in the latest version of the app. It is very likely that Nowtv are fully aware of it and are in the process of trying to fix the issue. As always with big companies like Sky - their staff will deny all knowledge and disclaim any fault. That's the way of the world these days Sadly.

My advice would be to chill out and wait for the developers to release a new version. Try to use the app once a day. When you get prompted to update it - you know they've released a new version. Until then there's nothing you can do other than wait.

Just think... if it takes a couple of weeks to fix it - you will get to watch two or even three episodes of the walking dead in one evening. Sounds good to me 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My xbox 360 keeps disconnecting every half hour. And have to sign in again every half hour can anyone help its really doin my head in
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Trying to open now TV app on Xbox 360. It disconnects from Xbox live.

I've cleared cache, deleted and re installed. Checked locale settings and tried to open not on Xbox live account.

I get an error code 80151912

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've tried all the fixes posted nothing works. Clearly a now TV issue as all other apps work ok.

Finally lost my patience with this and have bought a now TV box with 6 months free entertainment for £19 Black Friday deal.

It's disgraceful there is clearly an issue and no acknowledgement of the issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Really sorry to hear about this issue with the Xbox 360 App.

As there are so many reports of this issue it has been escalated to our development team.

Once I receive an update from the team I will update this post.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are now two of these threads. No acknowledgement of a problem via email or on here.

if they can't fix it will they compensate us ? My kids are very disappointed they can't watch any films on our tv.

please at least acknowledge there is a problem, I emailed on Friday and haven't had a meaningful reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Exactly the same issue here also. Now tv keeps signing me out of Xbox live and comes up error code 80151912.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no help i'm afraid, I'm getting exactly the same issue.  When I go back to home on my xbox, I'm immediatley signed back into xbox live.  Anyone help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

XBox 360 app immediately disconnects Xbox Live when launched.

I have tried;

Updating Xbox 360

Reinstalling the app/clearing cache

Restarting Wi-Fi router

nothing seems to fix this issue I've now had for 24hours.

Now TV is working flawlessly on Android Mobile and Now TV box.

Please an admin post on this issue atleast to aknowledge this- as this seems to be affecting many of your customers.