cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox One app wont play anything

Recently registered to the entertainment package with now tv and downloaded the app on my xbox one. For some reason whenever i try to play anything all that happens is I get the buffering symbol for about 10 seconds and then a message saying something along the line of "sorry there was an error in the player" 

Its been like this for 2 weeks now so my free trial has ran out and im actually currently paying for nothing. tried to use the live chat function on the now tv website to try and find out some answers but it always says there is an agent available right now please try again later. also tried reaching out to the now tv support twitter page but still no response from them 2 days later. its becoming a bit go a joke. 

What makes it more annoying is that the only reason i got now tv in the first place was becasue my Sky TV app was also not working (it has in the past however) I only mention this because im pretty sure sky and now tv are very much all under the same company umbrella

In terms of what ive done to try and resolve this issue I have:

- power cycled (hard reset) my xbox multiple times with no effect

- uninstalled and reinstalled the now tv and sky apps 

- signed out and then back in again on both now tv and sky 

- cleared the cache on the xbox as suggested by somone on reddit

- restarted my internet router several times

All of these attemps produced zero results other than a lot of swearing and frustration. As i mentioned this problem has been persisting for 2 weeks now and i dont really know what else to do. If any one has any experiece with this problem i would love to hear about it, or better yet if someone from NOW TV themselves could actually respond to me I would at least feel as though im not just wasting my time (and money) and someone actually cares about helping me fix my problem

Cheers

0 REPLIES 0