cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox One X - Tv for Sky App not working with NOW Broadband

Last week I had NOW broadband installed, and now when trying to watch Sky Go, through my Xbox One, I just get " an error has occured, please try later"

When connecting to a vodafone mi-fi unit, it connects fine to the Sky Tv app, and I am able to watch Sky, but seems that something in the NOW broadband setup, is blocking my access to watch Sky through the App? I have turned off the safe settings for the router, but still no joy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have already switched off Broadband Buddy under My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged into your account on here and not using the Custom settings where there is an option i believe to block online gaming which may or may not have a bearing on blocking the Sky Go App on your Xbox.

Then if you was a previous Sky Broadband customer, then maybe double check that your old Sky Shield Software is still not running by disabling it which might be conflicting with the NowTV Broadband Buddy Software.

It's a bit of a long shot but worth checking.

I don't use an Xbox or have the Sky Go App so i won't be any further help where i am assuming you are still a Sky Go subscriber, then perhaps get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance.

You will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments (click on the drop down arrow below your live activation date to see the telephone number to call).

Or alternatively get in touch with nowtv live chat for further help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have already switched off Broadband Buddy under My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged into your account on here and not using the Custom settings where there is an option i believe to block online gaming which may or may not have a bearing on blocking the Sky Go App on your Xbox.

Then if you was a previous Sky Broadband customer, then maybe double check that your old Sky Shield Software is still not running by disabling it which might be conflicting with the NowTV Broadband Buddy Software.

It's a bit of a long shot but worth checking.

I don't use an Xbox or have the Sky Go App so i won't be any further help where i am assuming you are still a Sky Go subscriber, then perhaps get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance.

You will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments (click on the drop down arrow below your live activation date to see the telephone number to call).

Or alternatively get in touch with nowtv live chat for further help.