cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox One App won’t play or download 0x80072F8F

Error Code 0x80072F8F

App hasn’t played since Wednesday/Thursday.

Deleted the app and now it won’t install. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no improvements. Every other app works perfectly fine. Come on Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this is something to do with Xbox. Tried to install Spotify and says “installation stopped” on 0%. Automatically tries to install it again and then says the same thing again. (Repeats itself a few times). However it’s in my installed tab and when I try to launch it, it comes up with this error. Restarted router as recommended but that hasn’t done anything either. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same. Spotify, Netflix, Now TV apps wouldn't install. Musixmatch wouldn't download on PC. It appears that a recent update has broken Windows Update and MS store. Google windows update and you will see some reports on it. Seems to be something to do with DNS servers of ISP's (notably Comcast in US and BT Broadband here in UK).

I initally tried the workaround of changing my DNS settings on my xbox to use Google DNS(1st 8.8.8.8, 2nd 8.8.4.4) but had no joy. Same problems. Logged into my routers settings page and added the same DNS settings. BOOM that did the trick. Watching Soccer Saturday on xbox as I type. I also changed the DNS to google on my PC and that works too now. Downloaded musixmatch, tried it with spotify and works like it used to again. Windows update also works again.

Hope this is of help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly same problem. NOW TV stopped working on Xbox1, works fine on iPad. Uninstalled/ can't reinstall. Can't install Spotify either.

Reboot router/ hard reset Xbox no effect. Considering wiping Xbox back to factory settings and reinstalling everything, but would be a pain to do and risky if find can't reinstall anything (at least Netflix, Prime and iPlayer are still working at present)

Considering cancelling subscription until this is fixed ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening to me for the past 3 days. Now TV wouldn’t open for days so uninstalled, now it won’t install due to “error”. Will be cancelling if Now TV don’t reply and sort this out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Works fine on an iPad, but exactly your problem with the Xbox which is how we watch it on the TV. No notification on why or how and no communication from NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here but im also having the same problem with another app netflix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve had exactly the same problem. Will be cancelling our subscription soon if no solution offered? Thanks.