cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Washed picture on xbox one

Hi
Since yesterday the picture on now tv through my xbox one alternates between normal picture and a washed out picture. Its like the brightness has been turned right up. It will last a second and then go back to normal and randomly alternate. It only affects now tv. Everything else is fine. Can anyone help? Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m afraid I still experience this on an Xbox One X. It happens on both movie and entertainment and doesn’t happen in BBC iPlayer so I think it has to be an app. I’m using a Panasonic 4K tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lucky you. I've tried all the settings and it's still doing it. I figure it's in the encoded stream or a fault in the app, no other explanation fits because nothing else has this problem
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of today 15/11 this aapears to have rectified itself no longer getting washed out screen on any movie..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am getting the same problem! On the bright side my girlfriend thought her tv was the problem and bought a new 4k tv at the weekend!!😂😂 the down side is I dont have the heart to tell her its probably the app!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

.... but did the new 4k tv fix it? 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I opted my xbox one X into the dashboard alpha preview and with the alpha dashboard this problem hasn't happened. But my other xbox with the release dashboard still does it.

I'm now wondering if it is a dashboard bug rather than a nowtv app bug especially as there was a dashboard update the day before this thread started.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I opted my xbox one X into the dashboard alpha preview and with the alpha dashboard this problem hasn't happened. But my other xbox with the release dashboard still does it.

I'm now wondering if it is a dashboard bug rather than a nowtv app bug especially as there was a dashboard update the day before this thread started.

You might be onto something there @Anonymous User , I've noticed the Amazon video app is having some strange issues at the moment as well. But with Amazon it's mainly when you're navigating through the app menus 

Be strange issues with both the NowTV and Amazon apps were not there before the dashboard update either.

Although you were quite lucky that the NowTV app worked with the alpha version of the Xbox one dashboard because the NowTV app would only normally work with the standard release versions of the Xbox software

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch in regards to the issue around washed out colour on Xbox One. 

We believe that this issue should now be resolved. 

If this is not the case please let us know so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turning off HDMI Blacks LOW on the TV, set it to normal, seems to have helped. Of course, this might depend on the TV model, and needed setting up the contract and brightness again.