cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is a disgrace

From continually crashing my PS3, continuous buffering (despite my broadband connection being strong and fast), to the poor picture quality, out of sync audio and clumsy and crashing menus, this app has been a disaster for as long as Ive had it.

I will be going to trading standards regarding the absolutely atrocious service offered from this product.
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see you in my inbox every week offering 3 months of movies for £10.
Sorry FIX THE PS3 app then I may consider this.
In the past I spent 2 hours on a call to your support team just to get a voucher applied to the PS3 app, I ended up having to install it on all platforms I had (was told linux is not supported) then told to log in 4 different ways, the girl then had to manually edit my profile to get the voucher applied, recently I purchased a 5 month voucher for £25 had to apply that to the account 4 times even though during one attempt you decided to ignore that voucher and took £10 from my card.

I still get constant buffering, crashin, lags, resets and now I even see weird blocking happen on the menus LOL
Seriously do you use a group of rats as quality control in your dev department or are they really really under paid?
I even hear the PS4 app is just as bad if not worse and to think I was actually considering purchasing a second hand PS4 just to try to get better veiwing quality of this crazy app.

Seriously considering going back to my peg leg, bottle of rum and eye patch rather than pay you for legitimate access to content.
I refuse to jump through you scripted responses in an effort to fix this, nor will I call you on a premium rate number as hundreds of other people have also voice their concern and so I think it is high time we get a more official response from Sky/NowTV regarding this sad state of coded affairs within this PS3 app.

All our cards are on the table, yet we still wait to see yours!

@Anonymous User Mods:
Rather than give a canned response try to get a senior in your team to "represent" us the customer and speak to either the QA, Development Team, Senoior Management and have them respond to FULLY explain this situation because at the moment we are paying you for a service that currently is looking not fit for purpose and actually feel like a pre-release which we did not sign up for let alone pay to access.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having a wonderfully Sh*t time with this app. I am getting billed for both the entertainment and movies passes yet my account states that I do not have any passes. better still the website states that I have not made any payments nor have I got any due, yet my bank statement clearly shows that NOWTV have been taking money from my bank account. 

I guess this either amounts to fraud or theft 

Fraud - as I am not getting what I am paying for 

Theft - Taking money from my account for no reason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

*correction: now that I remember - it wasn't entertainment included with the movies pass when I first got NowTV. It was kids entertainment and normal entertainment as a pass together, which was split to make more money. Apologies, can't seem to edit the post.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally given up and cancelled all my subscriptions. Have had NowTV for years, but the buffering has gotten so bad over this past year, it's completely useless. When I first subscribed, entertainment was included in the sky movies pass. You then made them separate to get more money. I subscribed as I loved the service and app. But the subscriptions continue to go up price every year, to the point that I started off paying under £10 a couple years ago for both movies and entertainment and now I'm paying over £16 for a service I can no longer use. Since the layout changed a while back I have barely been able to watch anything straight through without it buffering a million times. When it doesn't buffer, it's pixelated frequently. Can't watch another programme on the app afterwards without restarting it. Can't press more than one button per minute without it crashing and rebooting the whole play station. Tried the tips and tricks suggested in the help and live chat and nothing has worked. Thought it was my internet connection... but that was fine. Caved in a tried a Netflix subscription for a lot cheaper which runs absolutely smooth. Gutted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had now tv for years on PS3, LG TV, LG bluray player, 2 now tv boxes, pcs and ipads and I can honestly say its by far the worst service I own, PS3 being the worst by a long way.

200mb connection with 0 problems for netflix, mubi, ratuken, amazon (odd times) yet now tv blurs, stops and spoils viewing for at least 2 out of 10 programs. The apps on almost all these devices are awful. I only suffer nowtv for game of thrones, billions and a few other odd series now, it never got better. I just watched Moana on a 4k LG TV at 256p ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will be closing my account and deleting this ridiculous app from my PlayStation. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon all works seamlessly in full HD and Now TV continuously buffers, freezes and crashes. All Now TV does is direct you to a link for help or read a script to you to reinstall etc that makes no difference. Sick and tired of this worthless app. I'm convinced that Now TV are fully aware of the problem everyone is having, and either can't do anything about it or won't do anything about it. Coming from someone in the IT industry I can assure you all that it's nothing to do with your ISP or equipment you're using. It's the app itself that is flawed
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't think it would be possible to make the PS3 Nowtv any worse but congratulations, you've outdone yourselves!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree.  I wanted to watch Westworld but gave up because the experience so bad - laggy and unresponsive.  I have cancelled my 14 day free trial 2 days into it because of this.

Who is that person who says it's fine - I think they must be in denial for some reason - I don't believe that they do not work for Now TV - perhaps they developed the app in the past...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh ,I just wanna watch Idiot abroad and it just crashes EVERY damn time.2nd day now.Not to mention it can't even handle me switching to Netflix because Now TV is so rubbish.It really should be looked into.otherwise I'm just gonna cancel.whats the flipping point in me wasting my money on an app which is a pile of crap.SORT IT OUT