cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This app is a disgrace

From continually crashing my PS3, continuous buffering (despite my broadband connection being strong and fast), to the poor picture quality, out of sync audio and clumsy and crashing menus, this app has been a disaster for as long as Ive had it.

I will be going to trading standards regarding the absolutely atrocious service offered from this product.
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have done that and it still.buffers. I can only come to the conclusion that it is the app. And this has only started for us in the last month or so. We have download speeds of 64mb. This shouldn't happen.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can appreciate this. Have you tried a wired connection, this can sometimes offer a more stable connection. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the same on PS4. The app is pure garbage and a very lazy cheap design. Aslong as sky get their money they don't give a ###### about you. It's an absolute disgrace this serv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Birgit
We have no issues with any other device. I have deleted the game data utility folder and this worked for about 20 minutes while watching a programme.
Any other suggestions?
Claire
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that still didn't work out for you.

Please can you ensure that you have done the following :

• Pause any downloads you may have active on your PS3
  • Reset the PS3 (Only the Default settings)
  • Reboot your internet router to stabilise connection

This should work for you, if it still doesn't then please do get back in touch with us.

Thanks,

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have had similar issues with our PS3. Constant buffering to the point that the stream freezes. Not had these issues until last month. Have deleted and reinstalled app, checked the internet speed, more than enough, it is hard wired. So what is going on. This is so irritating. I think you can't cope with the demand and as a customer for nearly 2 years I am not impressed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that.

Can you tell me whether the same issue happens with any other device?

Have you deleted 'Gama data utility' folders?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just another "me, too".

Absolutely disgraceful application.

I've few problems with buffering, etc, but it's by far the buggiest application I've ever run on my PS3.

I've had my PS3 for years and I really can't remember any other application ever crashing on it: certainly not crashing to the degree that it locks the entire PS3 and forces a hardish-reboot (holding power button). Maybe one or two crashes, from all my applications combined, over many years: NowTV has probably crashed & frozen my PS3 about 40 times in the 3 months I've had it.

NowTV can be guaranteed to crash about half the time it runs. It can still be used, often for  a few hours at a time... But the number of times it crashes & freezes the entire system is shocking.

Even when it does work, it's pretty poor. Badly categorised, counter-intuitive, full of minor flaws (like not loading pictures correctly) & having to press buttons 2-3 times before they work. Also, it's not always obvious which button is selected- I mean, at least put the in-focus button in bold. It feels like it was written by someone straight-out of uni. It's basically the "Hello world!" of streaming applications. If the content wasn't relatively good, I'd be gone in a second.

How a company this size can produce such shoddy software is beyond me.

ETA: I'm just venting: not looking for another "so sorry to hear you're having problems, have you tried switch it off and on again" copy-pasted reply that bears no relation to the problem: the problem is that the app is shoddy and badly written and the solution is not to hard-wire the ps3 or re-install the app or sacrifice a virgin by moonlight. The solution is for NowTV to put a rocket under their developers and get them to fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I can see where the issues lies here, as this is an account related query, I am going to send you an email regarding this shortly.

Please keep a look for further information.

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree. It is extremely frustrating trying to use this application on the PS3. I had Now TV last year to watch GoT expecting this year it would be much improved. Sadly it’s no better if not worse.

For me the main issues are:

1. 9 times out of 10 just exiting the application causes the PS3 to reboot, which then makes the PS3 perform a disk check. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this. Just exiting via the PS button when it’s in the menus causes it to fail.

2. I can't watch more than one program without restarting it. When the first program finishes you navigate to the next, click "Watch Now" and it does nothing. I then have to restart it which runs the risk of it crashing the PS3!

3. Navigating too quickly through the menus eventually causes it to stop working with "Whoops! something went wrong...". Only way to stop this it to slowly navigate through.

4. When streaming the picture is generally fine but do have some issues with the sound stuttering occasional but I can put up with it.

Overall I'm surprised this software was ever released as its clearly not been tested properly. Similar apps on PS3 like Netflix work great and never had issues with it. Also clearing the data, re-installing the app don't fix the issues either.

I'd consider having the monthly pass for longer but the experience of using the application is so bad the sooner I stop using it the better. Fundamentally I want to pay for the content but this service is actually worse than going down the illegal route!